NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Discussion **Capitals 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champs**

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
If Vegas were to win the cup this year, there’s only one way to go but down. Idk if that bodes well for building a fan base. I guess t works for the instant gratification generation, but it won’t help build a long term fan base.

Maybe they'll repeat.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Maybe they'll repeat.
Perhaps. But even still, if the team wins the championship during its first two years of existence, then hits the skids, I don’t know that the fans will stick around. They’ll be spoiled out of the gate. They already are.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
If Vegas were to win the cup this year, there’s only one way to go but down. Idk if that bodes well for building a fan base. I guess t works for the instant gratification generation, but it won’t help build a long term fan base.

Totally. The absolute worst thing a team can do to build a fanbase is to win a Stanley Cup. Nobody likes a winner. McPhee is an idiot. Losing, tanking, lottery draft picks and waiver wire dumpster dives. THAT'S how you build a fan base and a winner. Thank god Snow was able to build both.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Perhaps. But even still, if the team wins the championship during its first two years of existence, then hits the skids, I don’t know that the fans will stick around. They’ll be spoiled out of the gate. They already are.
Oh and that's even worse! Winning TWO cups??!! OMG that would be awful. How stupid Vegas would be for building such a good team!

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Oh and that's even worse! Winning TWO cups??!! OMG that would be awful. How stupid Vegas would be for building such a good team!
I’m actually rooting for Vegas. I wanna see fleury win the cup because it would be a major middle finger to Pittsburgh. I’m just postulating weather or not winning so much, so soon, will affect the fan base in the future. It might be the best thing, it might cement an already strong fan base.

gbislander

Sep 21, 2015
An expansion team 6 wins away from a cup is such a joke. It was cute for the 1st few months. Now its embarrassing

It's only embarrassing to the whiny, "woe is me," fans like yourself. The rules were setup and voted on by all parties involved in the process and Vegas followed them. Your anger should be directed to the idiot GM's who panicked and made dumb trades or didn't protect certain players that McPhee took advantage of. Vegas having a good/competitive team proves that the ignorant fans (possibly yourself) were wrong in thinking that the league should contract teams because of the talent level. There is plenty of talent to go around, you just need a GM that is capable of drafting/trading/picking the right players to build a contender...a GM the Isles do not have.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
It's only embarrassing to the whiny, "woe is me," fans like yourself. The rules were setup and voted on by all parties involved in the process and Vegas followed them. Your anger should be directed to the idiot GM's who panicked and made dumb trades or didn't protect certain players that McPhee took advantage of. Vegas having a good/competitive team proves that the ignorant fans (possibly yourself) were wrong in thinking that the league should contract teams because of the talent level. There is plenty of talent to go around, you just need a GM that is capable of drafting/trading/picking the right players to build a contender...a GM the Isles do not have.

Obv i dont disagree with that at all on the Garf side. Point is an expansion team winning a cup is an embarassment to the NHL.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Obv i dont disagree with that at all on the Garf side. Point is an expansion team winning a cup is an embarassment to the NHL.
That is just silly...it is nothing less than admirable and a testament to creative thinking and hard work....something the NHL should be proud of...shame on those who think otherwise.

Reactions: Instant

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Totally. The absolute worst thing a team can do to build a fanbase is to win a Stanley Cup. Nobody likes a winner. McPhee is an idiot. Losing, tanking, lottery draft picks and waiver wire dumpster dives. THAT'S how you build a fan base and a winner. Thank god Snow was able to build both.

LOL!

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I don't think it's an embarrassment. A team of castaways and no top tier stars prior to the season winning the cup is quite the feat.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Just got home, turned on the game. Tampa has only 7 shots so far? And 2 goals? What the hell is going on here?!

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Tampa got outplayed, but they gutted out a win. New series. If Tampa wants to win the series, they’re gonna have to pick it up.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I’m actually rooting for Vegas. I wanna see fleury win the cup because it would be a major middle finger to Pittsburgh. I’m just postulating weather or not winning so much, so soon, will affect the fan base in the future. It might be the best thing, it might cement an already strong fan base.

It worked for this fanbase. You guys even tricked your kids into becoming fans for this team for some reason.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
So did Tampa steal one, or did Washington choke?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Watching the pregame of the Vegas game on TV.
Amazing show . They really are doing things right

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Watching the pregame of the Vegas game on TV.
Amazing show . They really are doing things right

They do the same show pretty much before every game, I've already gotten bored of it. I'm not bored of their play though, they look good tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad