NHL Show on Versus?

slackerjack

Dec 15, 2006
I find the lack of hockey coverage on ESPN really frustrating. All I really want is a half hour show each night which shows highlights and news.

Given that Versus doesn't really have a strong TV lineup to begin with, would they be interested in showing a nightly recap show? It would not be all the expensive to produce, and they could show an early version at 11 PM EST and a west coast edition at 2 AM EST. Heck, they could recap the west coast edition during breakfast hours the next morning.

If they want to get really ambitious, they could also recap AHL, juniors, and international leagues as well (the amount of coverage would depend on how much NHL news there is to cover on a given day).

The NHL could also make the this show available on their web site as well.

This idea seems so simple and obvious I have no idea why it isn't happening already...

Thoughts?

GWhale*

Actually all you really need is Canadian SportsCentre. It's nearly all hockey highlights.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
A highlight show will begin next season. On the Fly will likely be added to Versus' playoff coverage, much like last year.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
A highlight show will begin next season. On the Fly will likely be added to Versus' playoff coverage, much like last year.

Why in the world did it take 3 years to finally announce a highlight show? This should have been the most important thing to install besides games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad