NHL should have teams in Canadian and American cold weather cities only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrusso

Mar 26, 2007
Get rid of LA, San Jose, Atlanta and all warm weather cities. There are way too many teams and the NHL should stick to cities where there is real interest.

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
Well said buddy....
Another solution for me would be to bring teams to : Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Hamilton, Quebec and Halifax.

Leave these teams in the US :

NYR, Boston, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Philly, Pittsburgh, Colorado

Obviously, thats in a non economical fantasy world...because we all know that hockey belongs in Canada. I would even be for a canadian league only...again in a non economical fantasy world.

Ogopogo*

Get rid of LA, San Jose, Atlanta and all warm weather cities. There are way too many teams and the NHL should stick to cities where there is real interest.

Why should the NHL be confined to places where it is cold? Should baseball only be played where it is warm?

I believe that, someday, it will make economic sense to go back to Winnipeg, Quebec City and even add a team in Hamilton. We are not at that day yet.

From what I understand, San Jose and Tampa both have great support. Lack of support should be analyzed on a team by team basis. Remember, the Vancouver Canucks averaged 8,500 per game in 1988 - that is far worse than any warm weather team today.

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
Whats frustrating is that dog shows are more popular then hockey in the US, yet 3/4 of the league is in the US.

I dont have to explain to anyone here what hockey means to canadians...

Bring back teams in Canada now !

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Whats frustrating is that dog shows are more popular then hockey in the US, yet 3/4 of the league is in the US.

I dont have to explain to anyone here what hockey means to canadians...

Bring back teams in Canada now !

Really... Dog Shows are more popular than NHL hockey in the US? So there are 15-17,000,000 paid admissions to attend a dog show each year at an average price of $25-50+ a ticket?

Really get a life. That is an idiotic comment.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
wooden_lock_1.jpg

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
From what I understand (and it aint much) there are more pro and semi pro teams in Texas than in any other state. That and youth hockey is strong and only getting better there. That has to be in large part to the Stars moving there.

As much as I'd love to see Winnipeg and Quebec still in the league, it doesn't have to be at the expense of teams in warmer climates.

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
Really... Dog Shows are more popular than NHL hockey in the US? So there are 15-17,000,000 paid admissions to attend a dog show each year at an average price of $25-50+ a ticket?

Really get a life. That is an idiotic comment.

C'mon dog shows was just an example...you know what I am talking about you live in Canada..Or are you just another pissed off Sens fan??

andreydali19

They're relentless
Jun 19, 2006
Liv. of Mich.

I'm not surprised if a good number of players are more attracted to warm weather climates. Keep in mind, also, that some of these warm weather cities tend to have formidable, overall sports legacies and tend to express to a growing hockey interest among people in their communities (see LA and Dallas, as someone mentioned earlier). Plus, some of them have well-rounded TV/attendance markets.

On the other hand, I understand your outcry over the lack of Canadian representation in the NHL. Thus, if I had to choose 2-3 franchises that'd have better markets elsewhere, I'd go with:

-taking the Panthers out of Florida
-sending the Coyotes back to Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad