NHL sets monthly attendance record.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Many of the teams have to make a playoff runs to make profit. That has been stated many times.

which teams averaging over 17,000 in per game attendance need to make the playoffs to turn a profit ? please post the many teams as I'm very interested as I don't know other than carolina, tampa and buffalo.

Also, this is not even a complete article. What does the rest of the article say ?

it's a violation of the hfboards rules to post more than a couple lines of any copyrighted material. you are free to subscribe to read the full article.

BTW, this is posted from a fan of the non-existent New W'Peg Jets that will would have no problem making money while having the most expensive tickets, sell out every game (with wifes having to buy tickets to attend the game), have so many sponsors that all suites and other sponsors would be sold at NHL level, have everyone buying paying pay per view for games, taking the $7M out of revenue sharing, everyone buying beer, popcorn, programs every game.........

And this does not count the cost and payoff of purchase of the team.

Of course, there would be no issue in W'Peg !! :biglaugh:

BTW, their plan says .......since W'Peggers don't like to pay for parking, they will only pay $5 CND yet they will over $70 average ticket cost plus all the other things ? :dunno:

gary bettman said the nhl could probably work in winnipeg. i'm comfortable taking his opinion over yours.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
I've stayed out of this thread because I'm sure its rife with self-congratulatory posts by a couple of posters who dislike me, and I really didn't have the time or inclination to have the argument again.

But Fugu linked an article over in the Canadian teams generate 1/3 of revenue thread, and since many don't have an extra 6 or 7 hours available to wade through gscarpenter's arrogant ramblings to find it, I thought I'd post it here too:
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports...=549b30cc-5abb-4a6f-ac91-1994f0bab068&k=85806

Most relevent part for this discussion is:

"To the scouts, media, players and coaches who travel the circuit, the league's latest PR spin -- an announcement last week that NHL clubs drew, on average, crowds of 17,075 to games in January of 2007, giving the league its best month in the NHL's 89-year history -- approached desperation. The people who see the thousands of empty seats in many U.S. arenas know the real score. They are also well aware that the NHL includes giveaway tickets in its attendance figures -- whether those tickets get used or not."

GSC2k2*

A post from someone who considers themselves very wise:

When in doubt, personal attacks and dismissive emoticons are the way to go.

I guess you follow your own advice, chum.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
A post from someone who considers themselves very wise:

I guess you follow your own advice, chum.

Aren't we a tad touchy today? Calling you arrogant isn't a personal attack. Its stating fact. You're very intelligent and well read and can use big, college words as well as anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad