NHL sets attendence Records for October and November

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Its really funny to me that instead of disputing the article I posted, you choose to insult me and congratulate yourselves with emoticons instead.

Last edited:

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
rwilson99 said:
Why would Bettman mislead people in such a manner that guarantees that the Salary Cap will dramatically increase next year.

He wants his league to look good now. If the cap goes down after this season, he can blame it on sometrhing else and still tout his record attendance. And that's assuming anyone even questions him. Most people think his press releases are gospel, and that he speaks with a notarized tounge.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
hockeytown9321 said:
Its really funny to me that instead of disputing the article I posted, you choose to insult me instead.
What is there to dispute? The article is three lines long, and I'm not about to pay $4.95 to read some guy's conspiracy BS because he hates Bettman and hockey like you.

hockeytown9321 said:
Most people think his press releases are gospel, and that he speaks with a notarized tounge.
Pot meet kettle. I assme they're probably accurate. You assume they are total BS. You tell me who is being more unreasonable.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Troy McClure said:
What is there to dispute? The article is three lines long, and I'm not about to pay $4.95 to read some guy's conspiracy BS because he hates Bettman and hockey like you.

Then you're not really informed enough to argue. Of course your excuse is invalidated further when a simple visit to bugmenot.com can get you into the site. You can also register for free for two weeks.

Troy McClure said:
Pot meet kettle. I assme they're probably accurate. You assume they are total BS. You tell me who is being more unreasonable.

I don't assume they're total bs. I'm sure the numbers they put in are correct. Its how they arrive at the numbers and manipulate them that bothers me.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
hockeytown9321 said:
Then you're not really informed enough to argue.
Since when did being informed matter. You carried off pages of misinformed arguments on the last thread about attendance figures.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Troy McClure said:
Since when did being informed matter. You carried off pages of misinformed arguments on the last thread about attendance figures.

Why don't you read the artice I posted, which you can do for free, and then argue with me?

rwilson99

hockeytown9321 said:
He wants his league to look good now. If the cap goes down after this season, he can blame it on sometrhing else and still tout his record attendance. And that's assuming anyone even questions him. Most people think his press releases are gospel, and that he speaks with a notarized tounge.

It's a gate driven league, and the cap is based on 1.8B in revenue.

By posting attendence records, it is inconcievable that the league won't approach 2.1-2.2B in revenue which was present pre-lockout. This will allow the cap to spike into the 45-50M dollar range next year.

If the cap goes down???? :biglaugh:

You have to be kidding. Attendance drives ticket revenue, sponsorships and all other arena derived revenue. TV revenue was largely a wash from 03-04.

Chances of the cap going down 0%.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Timmy said:
Why do you hate hockey?
Because Bettman lied to me! :sarcasm:
I really think we need a sticky titled "hockeytown90210 rants about the new cba". It would have one unique post, posted 1800 times.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Timmy save us!:bow: I feel like a dog that likes to get beat. I keep trusting their press releases and they keep, how you so eloquently put it, Bamboozling me. You Timmy are our great shepard. You must lead us through the lies and the evil that is the NHL. Protect us from the Antichrist also known as "Gary Bettman" which is an anagram of

"Grab at my net".......

obviously a phrase used by the Dark Prince himself. :amazed:

Please Timmy do save us.:bow:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Pens1566 said:
Because Bettman lied to me! :sarcasm:
I really think we need a sticky titled "hockeytown90210 rants about the new cba". It would have one unique post, posted 1800 times.

You'd be angry too, if you're accustomed to watching your team toss money at every high-profile free agent on the market, and suddenly see that come to an end.

On the bright side, there was an illusion of a dynasty, for a while! Be satisfied with that!

CoolburnIsGone

I just wanted to point out that Florida has at several times this yr sold tickets for 75 cents each. And not just those upper deck/last row types either, I know that fans have gotten lower bowl, mid-level and good upper level seats for that price. And I know for several games they had announced attendance of like 11,000 so I see why they're selling tickets for that cheap. Something is better than nothing. It still doesn't mean that the league as a whole is doing better when you see stuff like this happening.

Thus the cap could potentially go down even if the attendance is up in circumstances like this.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
nomorekids said:
You'd be angry too, if you're accustomed to watching your team toss money at every high-profile free agent on the market, and suddenly see that come to an end.

On the bright side, there was an illusion of a dynasty, for a while! Be satisfied with that!
I know. I've mentioned that before and he just denies, and says something that includes the phrases "bettman said all 30 teams would be financially viable with a cap", and my personal favorite : "bettman lied to ME".

Jordoe28

Sep 3, 2005
Thunder Bay
www.freewebs.com
This is a stupid argument.

Is anybody here a GM, team owner or involved in the NHL and its management?

My guess is probably 99% aren't so who even cares about attendances. If you like hockey watch it, go see it, enjoy it. If you don't like it, than don't watch it. Who cares about anything else, it doesn't really even concern us.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Coolburn said:
I just wanted to point out that Florida has at several times this yr sold tickets for 75 cents each.
Yeah, so you don't make much off the ticket, but you still get $10 for parking. $5 per beer. $3 per hot dog. It all adds up. Any butt in the seat eating and drinking is good for the team.

GSC2k2*

Jordoe28 said:
This is a stupid argument.

Is anybody here a GM, team owner or involved in the NHL and its management?

My guess is probably 99% aren't so who even cares about attendances. If you like hockey watch it, go see it, enjoy it. If you don't like it, than don't watch it. Who cares about anything else, it doesn't really even concern us.
Um, this IS the "Business of Hockey" portion of the board ...

Would you prefer we talk about chess?

CoolburnIsGone

Troy McClure said:
Yeah, so you don't make much off the ticket, but you still get $10 for parking. $5 per beer. $3 per hot dog. It all adds up. Any butt in the seat eating and drinking is good for the team.
Except that for the Panthers, you can park across the street at Sawgrass Mills mall and not pay $10 for parking (and if you own a Lexus, its free parking at the arena anyways) and I know a lot of people eat and drink at some of the places near the mall before going in.

Again, you're talking about tickets that normally go for $21-70 per seat. The extra few dollars from parking, beer, food, still doesn't make up for giving up that much revenue on the actual seats themselves IMO.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Something I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet.... we're talking about a rise of 3-4% in attendance. How many teams lowered ticket prices by more than 3-4% this season to win back fans, thus lowering their overall revenue?

It remains to be seen if this will result in a league-wide revenue drop more than was predicted at the start of the season, but it bears mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->