NHL record for most games with a point entering the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senskickass12

Jun 19, 2004
Perry has set a Ducks record for recording points in his first 3 NHL games and Ovechkin has set a Caps record in recording points in his first 6 NHL games. Crosby now has points in his first 5. I was just wondering what the NHL record is for points recorded in consecutive games when first entering the league?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They showed this stat on the Pens broadcast tonight. I believe it was Daigle with either 7 or 9 straight games, believe it or not.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
They showed this stat on the Pens broadcast tonight. I believe it was Daigle with either 7 or 9 straight games, believe it or not.
that is absolutely shocking as a Sens fan, for a player who only ended up with 50 points, its pretty impressive to make it that far in without a hiccup. I guess we shouldnt all be falling over ourselves thinkin Crosby or Ovechkin are going for 80pts each, since they havent even touched the tough part of the schedule.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jacobv2 said:

dear god, that cannot be a good omen.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
octopi said:
dear god, that cannot be a good omen.
No, but all the other names on the list belonged there (Gretzky at 7, Lindros at like 5, Lemieux at 3, etc.)

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Seems like all of you are forgetting how talented Daigle was. If it was not for his injury Daigle would be a top player in this league believe it or not.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
What was the injury? I just always heard he was lazy and thought everything was going to be given to him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
S Scott 18 said:
What was the injury? I just always heard he was lazy and thought everything was going to be given to him.

It was more that than the injury which I think was a broken arm, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Jacobv2 said:

That was only for 1st overall picks tho, It didnt include players that werent drafted 1st overall. The 5 names on the list were Daigle, Ovechkin, Crosby, Lindross, Lemieux btw.

Last edited:

Transported Upstater

E = CH² said:
It was more than that than the injury which I think was a broken arm, but I'm not sure.

Daigle had the work ethic of a potato chip.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
Seems like all of you are forgetting how talented Daigle was. If it was not for his injury Daigle would be a top player in this league believe it or not.

I think he found his true calling when he tried out with the bomb squad and just lost interest in the sport of hockey.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Daigle was supremely talented, and still is to some extent. But it wasn't the injury that set him back, but rather a total lack of desire to be in the NHL in the first place. He was just living his father's dream. Rather sad, actually.

Transported Upstater

E = CH² said:
One too many "than" in my post, edited it.

Ok, got it.

I wasn't disagreeing with you in the first place, so I don't think I need to change my post :D

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
No, but all the other names on the list belonged there (Gretzky at 7, Lindros at like 5, Lemieux at 3, etc.)

So, did Daigle have 7 straight, or 9?

Either way, hope it gets beaten out.

name

Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
octopi said:
So, did Daigle have 7 straight, or 9?

Either way, hope it gets beaten out.

I'm pretty sure he had 7, at least that's what they said during last night's Caps game when Ovechkin tied him by picking up an assist.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
b-mad said:
Well AO ain't beatin that one....he can have it.

BTW, can anyone find out what the record is for all players?

For players wearing nurse dresses?Dunno, Jagr also wore a dress for charity, with makeup and everything, but it was a regular dress, not a nurse dress, and some Avalanche rookie had to dress up like wonder woman.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
octopi said:
For players wearing nurse dresses?Dunno, Jagr also wore a dress for charity, with makeup and everything, but it was a regular dress, not a nurse dress, and some Avalanche rookie had to dress up like wonder woman.

Yea, remember that Jagr picture....he's one hideous lookin chick (BTW, thanks alot for puttin that image back in my head *shudders*)

I was actually wonderin what the record is for games with a point to start a career by a rookie regardless of draft position.....I can't find it anywhere.

senskickass12

Jun 19, 2004
Ovechkin now holds the record for most points in consecutive games after entering the league as a first rounder with 8 games. But they specified it was first round so somebody out there drafted in the later rounds must have a longer streak, so I guess we'll have to hope Ovechkin can continue his to find out as Crosby's has been ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad