NHL Playoff Odds

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
I don't either, but if we get in and draw them first round, we could at least try to beat them up a bit so they have a tougher road through the west. Not saying attempt to injure their guys, but play a hard physical series to start trying to wear them down so maybe the next team to play them has a little easier go of it.

The next team to play them would be the Kings or Sharks. I don't want to weaken Nashville for those guys.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Dallas are really struggling and are probably going to miss the playoffs. That should help immensely.

They just lost Bishop again too. We should be good for at least a Wildcard spot now, barring some kind of miraculous Calgary desperation surge.

Sticky2

May 2, 2017
They just lost Bishop again too. We should be good for at least a Wildcard spot now, barring some kind of miraculous Calgary desperation surge.

Is it crazy to not want to squeak into the playoffs? This team is worse than last year and making the conference finals again is a long shot let alone actually contending for the cup.

It feels like the window for contention is closing and we need some fresh faces and more importantly some albatross contracts shed.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It`s not Calgary anymore it`s St. Louis who have a possibility to crawl back in.

But yes, we are not in the worst spot actually, we just have to win our games. If we can`t do that, we wouldn`t do anything in the playoffs anyway.

Actually I wouldn`t be too much against drawing #2 WC and Nashville in the first round. If we can win them for some miraculous reason then great, if not - let`s get Kes healing and everybody else resting.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Personally, I want nothing to do with the Preds whatsoever. No more of that, please. I'd much rather take the Knights, if we can somehow land on the WC1 spot. They're the team that is going to be interesting for anyone to play against.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
All the teams still in the race keep winning. At this rate we'll need close to 100 points (like 98-99) to get in. Crazy.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
These tie-breakers are going to kill us. I won't be surprised if we get edged out of the playoffs even in points with teams like LA and STL. This team is pathetic in OT, I wonder if it costing us the postseason would be enough for this regime to figure out that gimmick points matter.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Shit there’s a very real chance we end up with Vegas in the playoffs. We would be the luckiest team in the West except for whoever plays Minnesota if that were to happen.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Vegas is our best first round match-up by far with SJ clicking as well as they are doing. Pray for that WC1 spot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Vegas is our best first round match-up by far with SJ clicking as well as they are doing. Pray for that WC1 spot.
Give me san jose in round 1... they may be clicking but im very comfortable with the matchup.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Vegas for me. I actually think the Knights are an easier matchup than the Sharks or the Kings.

But in reality, just getting in the playoffs is still going to be tough.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Odds at about 71%, need 9/10 pts of our possible 14 still.

Potential wins: Edmonton, Vancouver, Dallas, Arizona

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think so, Vegas will beat us easily.

I disagree. Fleury tends to crap the bed more often than not in the playoffs, their D is brutal and they’re starting to come down to Earth after their red hot first 3/4 of their season. In the playoffs where everyone is giving 100% and they won’t just be able to outwork everyone they will get exposed.

The only way we lose is if Gallant significantly outcoaches Carlyle. We are better on paper in every aspect except coaching. I’m not a Carlyle fan but I don’t think even he could lose that matchup.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kings

Vegas
Sharks

Preds

order of what I want.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The odds of us playing the Kings in the first round are practically zero. And I don't see both teams winning in the first round.

Not happening this year

Reactions: Paul4587

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Colorado wins it. The odds of making the playoffs and avoiding Nashville first round just got worse

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Colorado wins it. The odds of making the playoffs and avoiding Nashville first round just got worse

We’ve got a pretty easy schedule compared to the other teams, I think it’s a lock we make it. Avoiding Nashville will be tough though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad