NHL player you most play like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Postman

Nov 24, 2004
Hudson, NH
Loosely resemble Rafalski

Defense right handed shot, decent speed, mobility, postioning, vision, and point production mainly because we have the best group of forwards in the league. Nothing overly impressive.

We call my partner "Chara" (he's a monster and he carries me)(especially when I leave him alone) his stick reaches across the rink. although he's not the greatest a passer. He'd kill me if he knew I said that!

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I dunno... think of a speedy and small forward with a great defensive game, very strong, cut lot of passes, great on the pk, above average wrist shot and passing game with no hands. I can't think of anyone that would play like that in the nhl.

Clancy

May 15, 2004
South Jersey
poor man's marian hossa but my speed and acceleration is more like marian gaborik..probably because i study the way he skates to pick up little things to improve my skating. i've never been beaten in a suicide or a race, even when i play against higher competition(just started junior c).

other than my speed, my vision and playmaking skills are really good.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
All Poor Mans Versions
Skating: Tuomo Ruutu
Shooting/Goal Scoring:Ilya Kovalchuk
Passing/Playmaking: Sergei Fedorov
Stickhandling: Mogilny
Defense: Bure
Physical Play: Ribeiro

Bat Speed - Marty Mcsorley or Alex Perezhogin

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
MikeS said:
Remember that famous picture of Orr scoring the OT goal vs. St Louis in 1970 to win the cup?

Now picture me, nowhere near the net, flying through the air (just like Bobby) only not scoring a goal, and not really close to the play. :sarcasm: :D

<--- Look familiar....LOL ;)

Myself - I'm one of those "pests {rat bastards...lol} opponents just hate to play against - some messed up combo of Theo Fleury (without the hangover), Peca, Gionta & Martin "The ELiminator" Gelinas...

-good speed & passing
-extra-aggressive & physical
-good defensively
-small-to-avg size
-streaky scorer, but above-avg in clutch situations

Chilly Willy*

When i did play hockey, people told me i played like Russ Courtnall.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I'll do a bunch of nice dekes in front of a goalie, get in the clear, have an open net to shoot at, hesitate and then pass. I must be Ales Hemsky. :sarcasm:

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
id say saku koivu. I dont score as much as i should. Im pretty much a pure play maker with good speed, stickhandling. Only difference between me and saku is that im alot bigger ( 6'3 200lbs)

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
I dunno who I play like, really... I'm a pretty decent skater, I have a good shot, but I'm not a great puckhandler, and I'm not a great passer. I'm not very tall (5'10) and don't make a lot of hits, but i can play a reasonable physical game, and I sometimes like to just stand in front of the opposition net and battle with defensemen. I sometimes try and play like a much smaller Bertuzzi (yes, minus the cheapshots), but as I said, i'm not a great passer / puck handler..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->