NHL player you most play like

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildslip

Sep 19, 2003
Kelowna
hmmm i cant think of anyone but maybe someone can help me? i have a very quick and accurate snapshot along with a hard wrister and hard slapshot... have good dekeing skills when i want... i am kinda lazy when it comes to back checking... i love to hit and i am good at it some of the biigest hits in my league.. not the fastest but its does ahah... and i cant control my temper i get out of hand at times... do stupid things some ppl might say

Skk82

Mar 30, 2004
Arlington, VA
i've been compared to dino ciccarelli in terms of being smaller, having a lot of grit and getting in front of the net and bring ruthless. i prefer to think of myself as a drunk keith tkachuk in a 5'8 body, though.

#2eddieshore

May 29, 2005
Habsfan 32 said:
Some people told me that I looked alot like Joe Sakic on the ice. I used to play a more agitator style but now I'm an offensive player so maybe they are right. I have great skating skills and my shot is deadly and my passes are pretty accurate. I also have have some great stickhanlding skills.

Thats modesty for you.

I expect to see you in the NHL soon then. :bow: :bow:

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I been compared to Forsberg. Very explosive great hands and great vision always do somethign that leaves people with their jaw down. I think I play more like Darcy Tucker. :D

GoM

Dec 17, 2003
Toronto
dailyfaceoff.com
Darcy Tucker. The guy you put on to piss other players off, who can still chip in defensively or offensively.

Granted, all I play is road hockey, so it's nowhere near as organized as pretty much everyone else, but ehh :)

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Tomas Holmstrom of the Red Wings, I like to stand in front of the net like him and battle with defensemen, also got just about the sime size as Homer. Got a decent shot as well, but am not too mobile or fast though.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
GoM said:
Darcy Tucker. The guy you put on to piss other players off, who can still chip in defensively or offensively.

Granted, all I play is road hockey, so it's nowhere near as organized as pretty much everyone else, but ehh :)

i just play in a low level college inline hockey league and an inhouse league... so i'm not in that competitve of an enviroment either

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I can't skate, so this question is moot. However, my personality is that of a veteran defenseman, not the best skater or most physical, but smart with a good shot from the point, and can agitate and get away with a fair amount of extracurricular stuff. Probably expected to be a top 2 guy, but never quite put it all together, but still solid top 4. Maybe an A, but never a captain due to my big mouth. Who does that sound like?

teamstag

Jun 18, 2005
Spruce Grove
D - I'd probably say Staios
RW - I skate like Smyth and I can tip pretty well but the similarities stop there. Other than that though I'd probably say Dvorak. I've got speed but no hands for deking although I'm exceptional at passing.

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
Hmm...I wouldn't really say I'm anywhere near an NHL caliber player since I play D-league in TX, but I'll give it a go.

At my level of play, I'm generally one of the stronger forward skaters and decent, but not great, backwards. I tend to play a smart 2-way game with a lot of hustle and am a strong forechecker and backchecker. My puckhandling is a work in progress. I'm an above average passer and have hands of stone unless I'm on a breakaway (not that my shot's bad, I just always hit goalie or posts).

Overall, I'd have to say my game most resembles Niko Kapanen's (at my level of play, anyway). I've got a lot of the same characteristics, including the ability to lose almost every draw I take cleanly. :p:

budscweizer16

Jun 14, 2004
Prospect Park(outsid
Skating: Rod Brindamour
Shooting/Goal Scoring: Langkow
Passing/Playmaking: Alexei Zhamnov
Stickhandling: Comrie
Defense: Gagne
Physical Play: Tucker

Only a poors mans of each of them, i guess if i had to pick one player, it be Erik Cole with less grit, and better passer. Anyone know who that could be??

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
I gotta say Matt Barnaby!

in your face on every shift
100% effort and energy
wont back down from anyone
can still light the lamp like an above average forward
always having a good time

:propeller :propeller :propeller

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
i PLAY LIKE

the fattest guy in the NHL

Actually I play alot worse than the fattest guy in the NHL.

Seriously, I like to play the game like Dale Hunter.

I agitate the opposing team as much and as often as possible and when they run around trying to chop my legs off I usually do something offensively that makes them even more mad at me.

But in the league that I played, there was no fighting so I'd have to adjust the player from Dale Hunter to Tony Granato, only minus the offensive talent.

WHOOOOAAAAAHHHHHH! :rant:

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
#99...weaving,curling and looping pucks over/under stix and bodies,causing absolute hysteria when I get the puck,and never getting hit.
Not only can I anticipate what your going to do,I trick you into thinking I don't know...just so I can be sure and pick your pocket.
I'm 6'0 175 lbs and everyone I play against hates me,because I'm waaaay smarter/slicker...and yes,I let them know about it. :propeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad