NHL on verge of deal to end lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

pens66

Spungo said:
I agree with you 100%. What's even more sad is that people actually believe them.

What's more sad is some people here are claiming to be hockey experts and judging from a certain avatar picture, I could clearly see that they probably haven't even played the sport of hockey on ice let alone tie a pair of skates on.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
pens66 said:
What's more sad is some people here are claiming to be hockey experts and judging from a certain avatar picture, I could clearly see that they probably haven't even played the sport of hockey on ice let alone tie a pair of skates on.

Eating a dozen hall of famers gives a plus-sized boy extra insight, pens66..

Randy May

pens66 said:
ever seen Scotty Bowman or Don Cherry? How about all 6 Sutters? Steve Larmer, Alex Zhamnov...all very goofy looking...nearly as goofy as Spungo. Maybe Spungo retired after Midgets. LOL.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Okay..I've have now reached my point of being irritated. It takes some time but I've had it.

It has been requested by Mods and an Admin that this thread stay on topic.

I'm not asking.

Those can't stay on topic will be banned . No warning points , an automatic ban.

Your choice and simple.

Moderators , you have my permission to do so , I'll review each case if need be when I can.

Large_Farva*

Gee Wally said:
Okay..I've have now reached my point of being irritated. It takes some time but I've had it.

I'm not asking.

Those can't stay on topic will be banned . No warning points , an automatic ban.

Your choice and simple.

Moderators , you have my permission to do so , I'll review each case if need be when I can.

Good.

But anyways, the deal will get done. That's the important thing.. who cares when.. as long as it's before August 1st

pens66

Gee Wally said:

I'm not asking.

Your choice and simple.

I agree! Some people are calling me a sad case just because I believe what the two most reliable hockey sources in north america have to say. They are the only two who didn't come out with preposterous statements about the CBA like the Hockey News or EJ Hradek. There is no doubt in my mind that these deal will be announced in the coming few days.

Spungo*

Randy May said:
I think the deal will get done before August 1st too.

I don't. We have to start being realistic here and stop believing all this "2 more weeks" stuff. I think I've read this same article about 20 different times over the last 2 months.

Beauty eh?

Not sure if serious.
Dec 20, 2004
Southern California
"As part of its relaunch, the league will mount an advertising campaign built around a glitzy new silver-edged logo and the slogan, 'It's a whole new game.'"

Silver? Hmm.....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Beauty said:
"As part of its relaunch, the league will mount an advertising campaign built around a glitzy new silver-edged logo and the slogan, 'It's a whole new game.'"

Silver? Hmm.....

OH MAN.

OH MAN.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Beauty said:

Silver? Hmm.....

I'm guessing you did that on your own?

Good work :handclap:

I hope they don't mess it up too much, though..

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Beauty said:

Silver? Hmm.....

I love it..thats the only NHL logo change I can stand.

anyways, the current orange and black looks too 1960s or 1970s to me anyways...it needs an update.

KL*

PepNCheese said:
Fingerpaint. The pages are all four feet by six feet.

...but they are arguing over whether or not to make them wider by a few inches...

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
go_leafs_go02 said:
I love it..thats the only NHL logo change I can stand.

anyways, the current orange and black looks too 1960s or 1970s to me anyways...it needs an update.

I personally like it. Orange/Black was always one of my favourite color combo's..

Its a change from the red/white/blue from all the other logo's. The NHL was independant.

I hardly see this bringing any more attention to the NHL.

I still believe ONE thing that the NHL could do to boost fan appreciation, would be to create a more user friendly website.

If you look at www.nhl.com it is so very very bland.

Go look at www.mlb.com, it's amazing. MLB offers mlb.tv. Updates scores instantly, and over all just very professional.

NHL's website looks like someones geocities page.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Scugs said:
I still believe ONE thing that the NHL could do to boost fan appreciation, would be to create a more user friendly website.

If you look at www.nhl.com it is so very very bland.

Go look at www.mlb.com, it's amazing. MLB offers mlb.tv. Updates scores instantly, and over all just very professional.

NHL's website looks like someones geocities page.

Bingo! That NHL site has not changed since about 2000 at least..its design is dated, and really is a featureless site from the main page. I love MLB's website, but it is a little too busy also..with video always loading and the flash everywhere. I like flash, and I think the NHL should use it sparingly as well.

Hopefully the NHL internet network gets a complete overhaul over the summer. I also like how all MLB team websites are under the mlb.com domain, and that they all have similar interface, but yet are unique on their own.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Beauty said:

Silver? Hmm.....

I made one too and tried to put it on here the other day but the logo is just a bit too big and I can't figure out how to shrink it.

*Edit - I managed to shrink it.

Last edited:

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
MikeJones said:
...but they are arguing over whether or not to make them wider by a few inches...

The word out of Buffalo is that the Sabres are working on a "concept scroll" that will keep the four corners the same size, but will allow for a bowed out middle section. Just something to look for.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
go_leafs_go02 said:
Bingo! That NHL site has not changed since about 2000 at least..its design is dated, and really is a featureless site from the main page. I love MLB's website, but it is a little too busy also..with video always loading and the flash everywhere. I like flash, and I think the NHL should use it sparingly as well.

Hopefully the NHL internet network gets a complete overhaul over the summer. I also like how all MLB team websites are under the mlb.com domain, and that they all have similar interface, but yet are unique on their own.

You can disable the video's autoload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->