NHL On NBC Names its team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I have to say I'm not suprised by the crews. Chris Cuthbert is the best TV play-by-play man in hockey. Never detected a hint of bias from him, unlike Hughson who arrives to every arena in a Canuckmobile.

Ray Ferraro has been doing color on the Oilers' Sportsnet broadcasts and I have to say he's not bad at all. Very attentive and makes way better observations than the vomitous Greg Millen. The Cammi Granato thing is no different than what the NFL does with female reporters...actually, it is different, she actually played the game. Sure, she's hasn't played NHL-style hockey but she's a familiar name to casual fans that follow things like the Olympics. I'm sure market research has revealed that a women's voice in the broadcast isn't a bad thing.

Pierre MacGuire is one of those love-hate sort of guys. Either you find him amusing or annoying. Here's a positive no mullet man. ESPN had sloppy coverage and clowns that didn't know as much about hockey as the average Canadian bar-fly. I really hope NBC calls the game like it's actaully a professional sport and not some wacky "unknown" thing. Don't insult the knowledgable fans, educate everyone on the rule changes and hammer home that it's a league full of stars. A hightlight package of Phaneuf, Svatos, Crosby and Ovechkin would be prominently placed in the broadcast if I were producing it.

GWhale*

I hope they make the puck glow for the people in the south again.

adurn

Dec 22, 2003
I'm getting a college hoops game between Ohio and Central Michigan.

***?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad