NHL on FOX/ABC/ESPN/NBC clips

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Definitely Kenny Albert.

The scoreboard looking so much like the NFL one, makes you curious as to what it would look like today.

Post more FOX, I'd love to see entire games in that production, I have a strange obsession with it. I am simply fascinated by a time when a network TRIED to make hockey work.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Bump, I found my NHL All Star Game 1996 tape. I know some were interested in seeing a whole NHL on FOX game, but I'm not sure how to get a VHS on the computer. I know theres a way you can though, cause someone was telling me about it once.

Bourque just scored the game winner. :D

Last edited:

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Bump, I found my NHL All Star Game 1996 tape. I know some were interested in seeing a whole NHL on FOX game, but I'm not sure how to get a VHS on the computer. I know theres a way you can though, cause someone was telling me about it once.

Bourque just scored the game winner. :D
I used to have the instructions bookmarked when I was feeling ambitious about cleaning up my mountain of VHS tapes, but I don't have it anymore. :(

Pretty sure you need a special video card that you can hook up a VCR to, but I'm not sure of the proper name.

NYYmt62

Aug 26, 2005
Islander Country
Definitely Kenny Albert.

The scoreboard looking so much like the NFL one, makes you curious as to what it would look like today.

Post more FOX, I'd love to see entire games in that production, I have a strange obsession with it. I am simply fascinated by a time when a network TRIED to make hockey work.

I agree with you about it looking like the NFL production. Though Fox failed about making hockey work it was a valiant effort. We will never forget the glowing puck!

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
I have a USB TV Tuner that has Video (yellow), Left Audio (white) and Right (red) Audio Inputs that you could likely hook a VCR up to the Computer.

I got it at Best Buy, and then you can watch Live TV on your computer as well.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodd...F7E87BE&sku_id=0926INGFS10073642&catid=20397# (canadian site) but that might give some direction. I have a similar model, just without the Media Center Remote

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Think that's MSG

No that's FOX. You can see FOX in the scorebug at the beginning of the clip. You probably think it's MSG because the announcers are Rosen and Micheletti but remember that just became the broadcasting team this season for MSG, before it was Rosen and Davidson.

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
No that's FOX. You can see FOX in the scorebug at the beginning of the clip. You probably think it's MSG because the announcers are Rosen and Micheletti but remember that just became the broadcasting team this season for MSG, before it was Rosen and Davidson.

No, you're right. The scoreboard in the top left looked like the old MSG one. You're right about Micheletti too, plus, after looking at it again...I see the NHL on Fox ad on the boards in the background when Stock is fighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->