NHL/NHLPA Meeting Next Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
The BOG meeting is definitely 4/20, agreed. But the Executive meeting (with only a small group of owners) was supposed to happen yesterday. Again, this meeting was mentioned on multiple occasions by Arthur Griffiths early this week.

Completely OT -- congrats on the Frozen Four. Question for you -- what exactly is that logo? My friends & I watched the game & darned if any of us can make out what it is!!! :)

Thanks!

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Montrealer said:
I was being sarcastic.

I know they have annual meetings - but usually it ends up being the reps and other interested people - maybe fifty people. Certainly not hundreds of players assembling at the same place at the same time. I just laugh when it's passed off as "nothing to see here, please move along, business as usual".

I hope next season starts on time - people are starting to get snippy for nothing everywhere. You, for instance, are probably inconsolable that Messier is going to be 59 when hockey starts back up again.

I didn't mean to come off snippy...I thought you were being serious cause you don't really hear bout the meetings they have every year because no one cares (at least I don't)...as for Mess, the man thinks he's ageless, even I think he should have hung em up already...seems like if the league does come back when he's 59, he'll still play

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
The BOG meeting is definitely 4/20, agreed. But the Executive meeting (with only a small group of owners) was supposed to happen yesterday. Again, this meeting was mentioned on multiple occasions by Arthur Griffiths early this week.
Just to follow up, we might get some commentary on this shortly. Arthur Griffiths' show starts on mojoradio.ca ("Listen Live" link in the upper right corner) at 10am PT / 1pm ET. He had even mentioned that he might have Peter Karmanos on today (Karmanos was to be at the Executive meeting yesterday).

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Just to follow up, we might get some commentary on this shortly. Arthur Griffiths' show starts on mojoradio.ca ("Listen Live" link in the upper right corner) at 10am PT / 1pm ET. He had even mentioned that he might have Peter Karmanos on today (Karmanos was to be at the Executive meeting yesterday).
Following up again... Griffiths reports that the NHL Executive did in fact meet yesterday in New York. The Executive consists of six members (I'm guessing Jacobs, Hotchkiss, Karmanos, and a few others?). He also said that Karmanos was scheduled to come on today but that he has now cancelled... his assistant said something to the effect that he couldn't really talk because of the delicate nature of the talks at yesterday's meeting.

SENSible1*

stan_the_fan said:
Look for major proposal from PA because it is the day before BOG meeting. Will try to split owners.

Yup, that is exactly the kind of deadline and leverage Goodenow lives for.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Thunderstruck said:
Yup, that is exactly the kind of deadline and leverage Goodenow lives for.
One has to admit that the timing is curious. I mean, we heard coming out of those meetings from a week ago Monday that there were positive vibes, a concept that could be worked with from both sides, and plans to get together again soon to build on that. Then we heard that the discussions would likely take place early this week. Then, citing scheduling difficulties, the PA indicates that it cannot get together yet, and the meeting winds up being pushed off until next Tuesday, exactly one day before the BOG meeting. So there will be nothing for over two weeks since that promising Monday 4/4 meeting, until finally a meeting the day before the BOG meeting, widely considered to be one of the most meaningful meetings on the owners side in terms of assessment of their options. It's certainly interesting.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
stan_the_fan said:
Look for major proposal from PA because it is the day before BOG meeting. Will try to split owners.

The owners see the light at the end of the tunnel... there is no way they are that stupid to turn around and grab hold onto goodenow's red tail and follow him back to the abyss

... or then again...

nah.. not this time... they've learned their lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad