NHL/NHLPA endorses Cold-fx

Mace_37

Nov 27, 2005
Canada
Does Messier have asthma?
And I wouldn't be suprised if Pound started whining about something, most inhalers contain steroids to dilate your lungs.

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
The Habs have been endorsing Cold-FX for like two years now, complete with one of their physios on the billboard ads; so i'm not too surprised by this announcement.

If the Dick wants to start complaining about the NHL endorsing drugs and stuff, then it'll be a bit late.

It's not as if those "steroids" helped the Habs get by the first round of last year's playoffs :sarcasm:

Transported Upstater

I have asthma too, why couldn't I have played hockey as well as Mark Messier? :dunno: :cry:

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
I feel sorry for the poor, dumb ******** that get duped by Cold-FX "Trust the science" my butt Don. Hockey players generally aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and they've got money to burn anyway so I couldn't care less about them using it.

Just to clarify Cold-FX is in no way remotely close to a narcotic or performance enhancer. All it is is just concentrated ginseng. That's it. You'll get better immuno benefits by drinking a one or two cups of green tea a day than taking cfx.

Snake oil it truly is.

Dick Pound and WADA would become an even bigger joke than they are if they compained about this stuff.

Impossibles

May 14, 2003
Langley, BC
Visit site
I feel sorry for the poor, dumb ******** that get duped by Cold-FX "Trust the science" my butt Don. Hockey players generally aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and they've got money to burn anyway so I couldn't care less about them using it.

Just to clarify Cold-FX is in no way remotely close to a narcotic or performance enhancer. All it is is just concentrated ginseng. That's it. You'll get better immuno benefits by drinking a one or two cups of green tea a day than taking cfx.

Snake oil it truly is.

Its not just ginseng, it has other stuff in it too.

Clinical trials did show some results.

And green tea has no ginseng in it, so I don't know what you're implying.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Title is somewhat deceiving...it isn't an inhaler as they are pills. It is a herbal supplement to prevent colds and flu not the same as a performance enhancer.

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
Its not just ginseng, it has other stuff in it too.

Clinical trials did show some results.

And green tea has no ginseng in it, so I don't know what you're implying.

Sure it has other stuff in it, but the active ingredient is ginseng. As for results, I'd like to see these clinical trials that have been done by a non-biased source.

Green tea does not have any ginseng but it contains an immense amount of antioxidants from the unrefined egcg. You are right, it has nothing to do with coldfx but I'm just pointing out that the simple act of drinking tea is better for you than taking coldfx.

sticknrink

Aug 17, 2006
London
Who is going to pay for that?

Post-secondary research and education always do clinical trials and tests on various drugs. In fact UBC did do a study on cfx concluding that it's claims were grossly optimistic.

Let people take what they want. As long as there is no harm, its not hurting anybody.

Sure, and there's no harm in me telling people what it really is.

Impossibles

May 14, 2003
Langley, BC
Visit site
Post-secondary research and education always do clinical trials and tests on various drugs. In fact UBC did do a study on cfx concluding that it's claims were grossly optimistic.

Post secondary schools get paid by drug companies to do such trials.

Cold-FX isn't going to pay somebody to do trials on their 'food supplement'.

Got a link for UBC's study? Are you talking about the article in the Sun that just basically critiqued Cold-FX's study?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->