NHL/NHLPA Donates $1,000,000.00 to Katrina Relief Efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Thats very nice, but a million dollars is a pittace for the NHL and NHL PA, a billion dollar industry.

Kind of akin to you or I giving maybe, 5 bucks.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Not only that they are auctioning Jerseys from every team from the October 5th game. Thats gonna be like 600 jerseys on Auction. Thats gonna raise a lot more money too.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I hope it comes out of Goodenew's severence pay and Bettmans paycheck :sarcasm:

Seriously it sounds like small potatoes. Didn't the NBA also only donate something like 3 million? This from the worlds most profitable sports-league..

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
The NHL/NHLPA donating pretty much the same as the NFL and half of MLB and the NBA is very significant. That along with all of the individual, group, and team efforts will greatly help many, many people that desperately need it.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Alberta Yote said:
The NHL/NHLPA donating pretty much the same as the NFL and MLB is very significant. That along with all of the individual, group, and team efforts will greatly help many, many people that desperately need it.

Agreed. It's charity. We shouldn't criticize the amounts the give, as every dollar helps the cause.

I also hope that many of the NHL cities that may be seeing many New Orleans residents settling into (Dallas, Raleigh Durham, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Miami, etc.) offer up tickets to the people in the area. While the priority is to make sure these people have the essentials, in a month's time, many will be trying to settle into a new life, and maybe having a great night out at a hockey game could be beneficial after a horrendous and stressful time for the evacuees.

Snap Wilson

Sep 14, 2003
I think it's a fantastic contribution. Kudos to the NHL and NHLPA for stepping up.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Belanger25 said:
Not only that they are auctioning Jerseys from every team from the October 5th game. Thats gonna be like 600 jerseys on Auction. Thats gonna raise a lot more money too.
That'll add up. Can't even imagine how much Crosby's and Ovechkin's jereys are gonna bring in.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
and maybe having a great night out at a hockey game could be beneficial after a horrendous and stressful time for the evacuees.

"And now here are your Carolina Hurricanes!" :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->