NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From worst to first, ranking how each NHL team performs at...

Ranking 2011-2015 drafts. Looking at # of players who make it to NHL.

Criteria included:
I decided to give a little more weight to teams that managed to draft star players, and if two teams were close in terms of our baseline numbers, I generally gave the nod to the one that had a higher hit rate on top 105 players.

By no means is this list perfect. A lot of this — the years selected, the degree of difficulty, the designation of key players — is subjective, as are most ranking pieces like this. You'll probably disagree with some of these, and that's great! We encourage critical thinking here at The Athletic, and I hope you'll take the time to leave a comment or two if you think any of my picks are egregious.

At the end of the day though, I think this gives a fair representation of which teams have most taken advantage of the draft recently.

Sharks #22 (of 30)

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Ducks are gonna miss Cam Fowler for their playoff run and Gibson is day-to-day. Don't like preying on injury but if the Sharks can draw them in a potential first-round matchup . . .

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
EK65 not with Sens to start season ending road trip.

Picked up game puck from last home game. Speculation that he'll be elsewhere in the fall.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
EK65 not with Sens to start season ending road trip.

Picked up game puck from last home game. Speculation that he'll be elsewhere in the fall.

Apparently he hasn't been travelling with the team since he came back from the passing oh his daughter/son.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
And in All Star News 2019 - A time change on events -

upload_2018-4-9_14-19-25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad