NHL Network

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ive heard from a pretty reliable source that the NHL Network is going to be launched on DirecTV in HD on or before October 30th on Channel 215. The SD version of the channel isn't going to be launched along with it, but it will be added sometime in Jan. 08 though.

zestystrat

Jun 18, 2002
NYC > Atlanta
www.soulhound.com
Ive heard from a pretty reliable source that the NHL Network is going to be launched on DirecTV in HD on or before October 30th on Channel 215. The SD version of the channel isn't going to be launched along with it, but it will be added sometime in Jan. 08 though.

It already shows up on my tivo channel list as NHLHD on 215. Been there for about a week.

No signal tho.....

SniperWild

Nov 26, 2005
Atlanta Metro

Ain't this a *****! :cry::cry::cry:

EventHorizon

Bring Back Ties!
I just subscribed to NHL Center Ice. The NHL Network is going to be the death of me. I'm never leaving the house. That's it, it's over. On top of the old playoff series and old games that they show, they advertise all of these DVD sets. It's over for me. I will have no money. My wife will leave me. I'm finished.

DrVanntastic

Jun 15, 2006
Wentzville, MO
I just subscribed to NHL Center Ice. The NHL Network is going to be the death of me. I'm never leaving the house. That's it, it's over. On top of the old playoff series and old games that they show, they advertise all of these DVD sets. It's over for me. I will have no money. My wife will leave me. I'm finished.

You just have to find a way to motivate yourself. Just remember... no money means no satellite or cable. No satellite or cable means no NHL Network.:teach:

Bobby Orr

I didn't even realize it, but NHL Network is having a free preview this month in Canada. Seems to be more polished than the last time I watched it. I actually kinda feel like buying it.

Good to see Gary Green again...

"What do you think of LA Gary?"

"LA is really, really talented. If they get some really, really good goaltending, they have a really, really good chance of making the playoffs."

Is it just me or is the new guy from Leafs Lunch a natural at being a host?

What are the opinions so far on the channel from the Yanks?

btnh6668

Jul 3, 2007
Massachusetts
Im a fan of the channel. It would be nice to get a better idea of the programing. For example a few nights a week it shows a live hockey game being played on my tv guide but it shows a classic game instead.I believe that is only for canada. Now i have no problem with that because i have center ice, but id still like to know what classic game is being shown. Would be nice if the nhl network had a US schedule.

HughJass*

The SD version of the channel isn't going to be launched along with it, but it will be added sometime in Jan. 08 though.

That's really stupid. Pardon my French, but I don't give a damn about HD. I'm sure most of their customers don't give a damn about HD. I swear, I'm living in a "we must have all the new stuff" dream world. I make good coin, but I don't blow it on new technology all the time.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

I have Direct TV but can't seem to find NHL Network on it.

Has anyone with DIRECT TV been able to find this the NHL NETWORK channel??

Thanks

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
I have Direct TV but can't seem to find NHL Network on it.

Has anyone with DIRECT TV been able to find this the NHL NETWORK channel??

Thanks

Not available yet. Some rumors that it will be available tomorrow on channel 215. I recall seeing someone post some documentation from DirecTV stating it will be available in HD by end of October and in SD sometime next year.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Not available yet. Some rumors that it will be available tomorrow on channel 215. I recall seeing someone post some documentation from DirecTV stating it will be available in HD by end of October and in SD sometime next year.

If you read the Directv TV Center Ice FAQ there is a question about the NHL network. The answer was that it will be available in HD by the end of October and in SD in Early '08. As there is about a week left in October I would assume the HD version will be added tomorrow.

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
If you read the Directv TV Center Ice FAQ there is a question about the NHL network. The answer was that it will be available in HD by the end of October and in SD in Early '08. As there is about a week left in October I would assume the HD version will be added tomorrow.
Now I have to wait till 2008 to get this network. God dammit.

Fugu

And for some real news on NHLN...

Thanks to KK's for the link:
from Multichannel News,

The National Hockey League named Cenergy Communications to handle all advertising/marketing duties for the U.S. launch of the NHL Network, officials said Tuesday.

A TV, print and online advertising will break mid-November, and will target both cable operators and consumers, especially displaced hockey fans.

I anticipate that DirecTV will be making an announcement shortly on the launch of NHLN and the channel to which it is assigned. Therefore this thread is closed, and all discussion should pick up in the the stickied thread on ALL networks. Here's the link.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad