NHL Network

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TheMoose said:
Worked for me. Included the quote from the end of the article.

yeah, it works now. the first time i clicked it it did not

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Highly suggested - it's cheap (I only pay $2.49/month), they started carrying live games this season, NHL on the FLY is awesome (basically they show highlights of all games throughout the nite, and live feed-ins), and they have other shows like Classic Series (1 hr. about a series from the past, but usually no older than the early '90's) - and they do show old games of significance (ie. Messier return to NY when he was a Canuck, etc.).

:clap:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
As long as it is a seperate network from the Canadian NHL Network. Last thing I want to see is All American teams, all the time.

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
Resolute said:
As long as it is a seperate network from the Canadian NHL Network. Last thing I want to see is All American teams, all the time.

You really think the League is going to run 2 seperate networks? Double the production / staffing costs? Not a chance. This will be the same network, with a few minor changes (like more live games in the US).

Habsruleen

Jul 28, 2005
I can't believe the NHL Network isn't it the U.S. as well. That's pathetic, NHL. Wow.

Habsruleen

Jul 28, 2005
TheMoose said:
You really think the League is going to run 2 seperate networks? Double the production / staffing costs? Not a chance. This will be the same network, with a few minor changes (like more live games in the US).

All the live games on NHLN I've seen were between american teams so far. And here I thought it was to cater to the American public :biglaugh:

puckhead103*

:shakehead all of you guys are fools and idiots....nhl network sucks....they severely edit the old games...so u don't get to see the actual full game.....

waste of money... :madfire:

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
puckhead103 said:
:shakehead all of you guys are fools and idiots....nhl network sucks....they severely edit the old games...so u don't get to see the actual full game.....

waste of money... :madfire:

Severely edit? I don't think so. You don't miss anything of importance. No goals are missed, unless it was missed in the original broadcast. You still have to make programming that goes in even increments.... 1/2 hour, 1 hour, 2 hours... Its normal to do this. NFL Network doesn't show entire older games. They use edited down, voiced over NFL films productions.

With NHL Network's Vintage games, you get all the meat and potatoes in a 2 hour show.

Last edited:

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
You and me both, brother. The carrier agreements are what I really want to find out.

Comcast is contractually obligated to carry within 24 months of their TV deal for OLN. As for Directv, stay tuned (although I'd be shocked if a deal wasn't already in place).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->