NHL network personalities have no faith in us?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I just want to know what Burnside thinks. It's his opinion about the Devils that always seems to be right.

Noting your sarcasm, a poster on NJDevs produced this gem during today's ESPN live chat with Burnside:

NJCroMag (Mechanicsburg, PA)

Please predict that the Devils will miss the playoffs again. That'll practically guarantee that they get in. Thanks in advance!
Scott Burnside
(1:04 PM)

NJ; I've been wrestling with this all week. No Parise. Johan Hedberg and Martin Brodeur combined age is just shy of 80 and neither played during the lockout. Henrique hurt. Kovalchuk annoyed. Yup, looks like Lou Lamoriello's got his Devils just where he likes them. Seriously, I think it'll be a tough road for Pete DeBoer's boys to get into the top eight but have learned through trial and error (okay mostly error and error) never to cound the Devils out when it comes to qualifying for the post-season.

http://www.njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129801

Insightful analysis with the "Kovalchuk annoyed" comment, especially after TG thoroughly debunked this nonsense by interviewing Lou directly.

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I'm still not convinced Nash is the answer. But I'm happy to watch them bring in big names and still fail.

And it's the Devils. Until the MacLean disaster, it was "death, taxes, and the Devils and Wings in the playoffs".

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Rangers bottom six and third D pairing are terrible. They'll have a good season but they will struggle once again in the playoffs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Melrose is a joke. Same with Roenick also. I had to listen to Roenick's BS for two days straight after game 6 against Florida. He kept saying we were done in game 7, and would have lost in game 6 had Clemmensen not gotten the start (I have to say he had a good point there) and that we were going down in game 7. Even the other NHL Network guys like EJ Hradek, and those other clowns on there when the playoffs started.

They had Paul Maurice on there, and he was the only one taking us seriously. He said we would go to the SCF, but lose to Vancouver. All the other guys looked at him like ''Why did we bring this joker in today?'' He actually has coached in this league in the last 20 years unlike Melrose (TB don't count)

apice3*

Nash is a huge boost to their forward corps, but they lost in the playoffs because the defense couldn't get the puck out of their zone. They can add all the forwards they want, until they get a 3rd pairing, hell even just a 5th D-man, I can take them as serious contenders. They'll compete for the president's trophy but the defense can't rely on 4 guys for 4 rounds. It's not possible.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah the Rangers bottom pairing is a joke. If not for Lundqvist we sweep them in 4 games.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
people are being too pissy i here. barry melrose, like him or not, is a fantastic hockey mind. I believe he still holds the record for ‘longest-tenured coach’ (he might be a close 2nd to Ruff, actually…gotta check on that).

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I think Weekes is hittin tappen.

leach.jpg

Whaaaaaaa?

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
In other news, water is wet. These people would be saying our run was a fluke even if we did win the Cup. I don't take anything they say seriously.

Now Paul Maurice and a few others who did analysis during the playoffs last year? You know, coaches who don't care they'll be hated on for an honest assessment of a teams chances? Those are the people I take seriously. Mainstream analysts tend to favor public opinion and the network line more than their actual opinion.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
people are being too pissy i here. barry melrose, like him or not, is a fantastic hockey mind. I believe he still holds the record for ‘longest-tenured coach’ (he might be a close 2nd to Ruff, actually…gotta check on that).

:laugh: Barry Trotz, he isn't.

How many games did Melrose last? Like 15? Man, the Lightning were a clown show that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad