NHL network personalities have no faith in us?

DevilsTilIDie

Aug 15, 2011
East Brunswick, NJ
Last night was watching the NHL network and at the end of the Season Preview show, they did a fact or fiction segment. One of the statements was 'The New Jersey Devils will not make the playoffs'. Of course, Melrose crapped all over us and said we don't have a strong team anymore. And only Kevin Weekes out of the 4 called fiction on this one, saying we almost ALWAYS find a way into the playoffs. So thank you, kevin. Lets prove these jokers wrong. :yo:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Melrose is a member of the anti-Devils mainstream hockey media. He also said we would lose to the Flyers, and Rangers convincingly. He also complained when we beat the Rangers, and when we beat the Flyers he thought it was a fluke. And I'm pretty sure he said the Kings would beat us in 5, and when we were down 3 games to 0 he said we were getting swept.

Melrose is a joke. He has ****** hair, has bad skin, sucked as a player. The only thing he did as a coach was lose in the SCF before leading the Kings to an awful record the next two seasons, and missing the playoffs which promptly got him fired.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
I just want to know what Burnside thinks. It's his opinion about the Devils that always seems to be right.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just want to know what Burnside thinks. It's his opinion about the Devils that always seems to be right.

Not really, and I hate that guy. He called Parise leaving though. He also had the Flyers beating us, but when we won he picked us over the Rangers, and then over the Kings too.

He had an article a couple years ago how Lou should have been buried in the ice at Prudential Center for firing John Maclean. **** him guy's a tool.

yakitate304

Crunch Time
Oct 23, 2007
NY
Not really, and I hate that guy. He called Parise leaving though. He also had the Flyers beating us, but when we won he picked us over the Rangers, and then over the Kings too.

He had an article a couple years ago how Lou should have been buried in the ice at Prudential Center for firing John Maclean. **** him guy's a tool.

Sarcasm.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008

sarcasm_meter_needs_calibration :sarcasm:

apice3*

All the experts are picking the Rangers and their drastically improved defense again.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

The Devils not favored by the media in favor of the Rangers?

This has never occurred.

Well except from 1997 to today.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Isn't it a regular tradition now for the Devils to prove Melrose wrong again and again and again? We got our monster Russian and our old snarky goalie who wanted to play the KHL All-Star game with him. We will be fine. :laugh:

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
I, for one, am shocked.

Also: devastated.
Absolutely devastated that this season is a wash of NJ because Melrose said so.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
The bigger problem whenever this subject comes up is about how the NHL is the only league I know of where the journalists who report on it regularly dump all over quality, marquee teams, all because those teams either play a style they don't like, play in a town they don't like, or simply aren't Original Six teams.

I know of no other league where the fetish for "ooh, if Team A plays Team B, it'll be a matchup from 1942!" is so prevalent, or where the tendency to ignore or outright slam potentially marquee teams for petty reasons is such a regular practice. It'd be like the NBA ignoring Oklahoma City because it's a small market, or MLB hyping the hell out of a Reds/Braves game simply because they're two of the oldest franchises in the league. Who cares?

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
picked against us in 95. picked against us in 2000. picked against us in 2003. will pick against us this year, next year, the year after that, and the year after that.

kiwidevil

Guaranteed to miss the playoffs and on a downward spiral? Must be the offseason in Devils land.

I hope Stamkos still leans on Melrose for hockey advice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->