NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you @Young Sandwich ! Feral Sandwich! Hot Dog Sandwich! Burrito Sandwich!

I pick:

BLACKJACK

It is a card game. It is steeped in math. You have to add. You have to do exceptionally complex probability. Or just stay at 15. It is a game.

1716234386036.png

@Captain Dave Poulin ! Zippy CDP! Fragrant CDP! Debunked CDP!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oh. Hello. I remembered today.

1wYQz7a.gif

We start the day with @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @BernieParent on deck (I have his pick, so someone remind me), @Rebels57 on the lido deck, and Milord on the dimwit deck with two picks to make. Jojo can also make up his pick anytime.

I've been using my old laptop again for the past week or so. My regular laptop is now, finally and completely, deceased. I'll have to get another one, because this one is still using Windows 8. That's not ideal for the high-level shit I produce, know'msayin'? But I am grateful that it is still breathing and working, because it buys me time before I have to get another. That's a good laptop, yes. Good boy. Good boy.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Look, we're not really even sure if this is a good pick here as most of my concert going historically has been in the big joints but we liked the vibe the one time I was here and it's half a block from Jim's so with Cheesesteaks being the Official Team Sandwich of the Desert Ducks we might as well combine the two.

We're proud to select...

The Theater of Living Arts (The TLA)

1534359616-81939629589d2952-tola.webp

@Captain Dave Poulin you are up to make @BernieParent 's pick

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I have a window of opportunity to post my pick so the Cap'n doesn't get all my likes.

Since I'm feeling lazy, I'll pick up @Captain Dave Poulin's tip, which is one of my favourite card games, and just get Magic the Gathering on the board.

Released in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast, Magic presently has more than 50 million players worldwide, if Wikipedia can be believed. It's a card game, it's an alternative to Dungeons & Dragons, it's collectibles, it's yet another way to blow your grocery money. The most valuable Magic card, a Black Lotus signed by the illustrator, sold for $615,000.

The issuing of a new series used to be a lot of fun, until parent company Hasbro started pumping new series out every month and even reprinting classic cards, tanking their value in the process. Thanks, Hasbro!

Nothing worse than a mana short, right @Rebels57?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I have a window of opportunity to post my pick so the Cap'n doesn't get all my likes.

Since I'm feeling lazy, I'll pick up @Captain Dave Poulin's tip, which is one of my favourite card games, and just get Magic the Gathering on the board.

Released in 1993 by Wizards of the Coast, Magic presently has more than 50 million players worldwide, if Wikipedia can be believed. It's a card game, it's an alternative to Dungeons & Dragons, it's collectibles, it's yet another way to blow your grocery money. The most valuable Magic card, a Black Lotus signed by the illustrator, sold for $615,000.

The issuing of a new series used to be a lot of fun, until parent company Hasbro started pumping new series out every month and even reprinting classic cards, tanking their value in the process. Thanks, Hasbro!

Leave it to Bern to pick paper crack.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Leave it to Bern to pick paper crack.
I got hooked at the Beta series. Actually bought Mrs. Parent a Shivan Dragon ($20) for her birthday one year ... along with other things.

I sold some dual lands a couple of years ago for $1200. So I am recouping some of my investment.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I got hooked at the Beta series. Actually bought Mrs. Parent a Shivan Dragon ($20) for her birthday one year ... along with other things.

I sold some dual lands a couple of years ago for $1200. So I am recouping some of my investment.
I had saved two decks, which included a multitude of dual lands.

I have no idea where they are.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG Team TV Family

The Griffins, from Family Guy

I'm rather surprised Family Guy hasn't been selected in any of the 250+ categories we've had so far.

Like many of the great TV Families, the Griffins put the Fun in Dysfunction.

I might not watch it like I used to for a solid decade, but Peter, Lois, Stewie, Chris, Meg, and Brian will always have a special place in my heart.

1716396302777.png

I think @Lord Defect is up?

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Sorry, Bern - I got caught up in stuff.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm sharp and on the ball now.

Smsq7hW.jpg

We start the day with @Lord Defect on the clock with two picks to make, @CanadianFlyer88 on deck, @mja on the lido deck, and Striiker on the lido afterdeck.

I finally was able to get a subscription to Rakuten Viki. That means that I no longer have to hope and pray that I will be able to watch "I am SOLO" and "I am SOLO: Love Forever" on the weekends - I have them at source now, so when they are available to anyone, they will be available to me. We'll have to see if I use the site for anything else - I'm sure I will at some point - but it's worth it just to get my SOLOs.

I'm also going to be getting a videogame as soon as I get a new laptop and figure out which game to get. I have been playing Age of Empires II daily for most of the past six years, and thought I should try a new one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad