Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
go kim johnsson 514 said:
no, no.

Toronto/Ottawa fans across America...

..in which there isn't any. They're all in Canada.

Have you ever been to a Leafs game when they are playing in the States? I can assure you that not ALL the Leafs and Sens fans are in Canada. However I agree that showing a game of Canadian team vs Canadian team for the opening night would be an error by Comcast.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
PitkanenPower said:
I completely disagree.

Folks, the kid has yet to play a single professional game. You play with fire, you're asking to get burned.

Agree completely!

The most 'hyped' kid since Lemieux should prove himself in the NHL well before his first professional game is broadcasted live.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
Two Canadian teams will not draw in the United States. The Rangers regardless of who they are playing, are a known entity to the entire U.S. population and therefore should be on opening night because a few casual fans may tune in to see them. It's about hooking people on hockey first. Once you do that they can learn about the other teams, and the young stars such as Sidney Crosby. They have to learn who Crosby is first before they'll tune into see him.

KH1

Maybe they just chose the Rangers and the Flyers because they are longtime rivals with two of the biggest (if not the biggest) fan bases in America? The only agenda there is to draw high ratings.

I'm starting to fall in love with the new OLN. Library footage on demand is one of the smartest ideas I've ever heard and HD will definately help viewership. As a baseball and football fan I watch plenty of ESPN, but I've never understood why until now they've been allowed to dominate the sports market. I hope Comcast and the NHL knock them off their high horses.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Comcast :shakehead

I wonder why they are playing the Flyers vs. Rangers on opening night?

Vinceee

Go Foreurs Go!
Apr 27, 2004
Amos, QC
19bruins19 said:
This is great for Americans.

Sadly in Canada, all I have to watch is the damn Sens, Leafs, and Habs. :cry:

Move to the USA... :shakehead

It's quite obvious that since you live in Canada you will have to watch the local teams...

RDS/CBC/TSN should show bruins games instead of Habs/Sens/Leafs games to make the (...) like you happy? right?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
go kim johnsson 514 said:
no, no.

Comcast OWNS the Flyers...not in just some way.

Toronto/Ottawa fans across America...

..in which there isn't any. They're all in Canada.

I'm a huge Sens fan and I live in the States, and have been one forever. So that statement is untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->