NHL Draft Lottery Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
I am completely overjoyed at the results. Considering we would have probably gotten 23-25 at best in a normal lottery, I would have been thrilled with a top 20 pick, let alone 10th overall. Certainly a rare chance for the Canucks to get a great prospect.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
DoobieDoobieDo said:
The more I think about this, the more I'm happy with some of the results (Anaheim, Minnesota) and disappointed with other results.

Teams that had the first overall pick, traded or not, should have been penalized. Teams in the top 3 should have been penalized. Teams that have continually sucked for the past two or three year and had a top five pick each of those years, should have been penalized.

Teams that didn't make the playoffs and had lower picks but rose in the standing, should have been rewarded.

Let's adopt a better standard for the draft. This is helping but I think it could be improved on greatly.
I couln't have said it better myself Doobie. The problem is, how can you make it better without ticking off somebody? Now that all the teams seem to be on the same level playing field to an extent, perhaps they could continue this league wide lottery every year. I know that may seem a little crazy, but give it some thought. You would get teams going for it rather than tanking it. If you tank it and piss off your fans because you don't ice a competitive team every year, you may get rewarded with the top pick in the draft. However, if you tank it and you get little to no guarantee of landing that top pick, why tank it all? It would make the game better, by having teams try to finish as best they can, because ultimately they don't know where they will be drafting anyway. I admit this doesn't cure all the problems, but it could be built on to establish a more exciting brand of hockey and the most eagerly anticipated draft of all the major sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad