Pre-Game Talk: NHL Draft Ideas

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
I am not sure what other people's thoughts were during the NFL draft? But, I thought the presentation could be much better. Especially for a league that generates more income than any league on the planet? What ideas are out there to improve the presentation?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Nah...nobody wants to see Stan in his pajamas..but on the other hand Gary B. at home at his desk wearing just an undershirt (speculation on whether he is wearing pants behind the desk or not)...now THAT would be something yo think about.

In fact ...we could have a betting line on whether Gary is wearing pants or just underpants behind his desk and the revenue from the bets could go to HRR to :maintain the cap ...there woukd be a big reversal at tge end of the draft...promote it this way and huge betting g will flow money in and "selk" the draft to skyrocketing viewership in record numbers..The campaign these would be DOES HE or DOESN'T HE?

You would want to drag out the reveal till after round 7 to sell more commercials...but we can go back to an all in 1 day draft to make this so.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The response would be for Bettman to single out mean tweets directed at him between picks and to tear that person a new one on TV before announcing each pick.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
NFL and NBA drafts were always behind the NHL draft.

Putting on a jersey and hat and posing for a picture with your team

AADfEq7.img

vs

Putting on a hat and taking a picture with Goodell or Adam Silver's alien looking ass

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F101e94e0408047e1b39fdeaaa4c7fba6%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

The way the NBA draft even handles pick trades is backwards as hell too as the team that traded the pick still picks the player the other team. For example Markkanen on the Bulls still had to wear a Timberwolves hat when he was drafted despite the fact that Minnesota traded their pick to the Bulls already

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
The response would be for Bettman to single out mean tweets directed at him between picks and to tear that person a new one on TV before announcing each pick.

I would absolutely love that but Bettman is way too nice of a person to actually do that. He’d probably just smile and encourage the fans to boo.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I love the way the NHL handles the draft. I also very much enjoy watching the NFL draft. NBA draft is kind of meh and the MLB draft is kind of a joke. The fact that teams can’t even trade picks other than competitive balance picks in 2020 is a joke.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad