nhl draft coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaddogg02316

Feb 23, 2004
I suppose with espn not taking any nhl games that means they wont cover the draft. Will there be any other coverage of it elsewhere. Or just rely on internet data on draft day to see who goes when and where.

Coffee and 7's*

I can't find anywhere when the draftlottery will be...can someone tell me plz? sry for hijacking your thread.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Its been on TSN in Canada for as long as I can remember. Im not too sure about the States though. I would think ESPN may cover it

Duff88

May 7, 2002
dakdak said:
I can't find anywhere when the draftlottery will be...can someone tell me plz? sry for hijacking your thread.

Draft lottery should be held in the Board of Governors meeting July 21st behind closed doors. The results would then be announced in the "coming back" press conference.

The actual draft, like posted above, should be held in a Ottawa hotel on July 30th.

Rounder

Jan 23, 2005
The draft will be at the Westin Hotel at 12:30pm in Ottawa. There will be 15- 20 players along with immediate family invited. There is currently no coverage scheduled for the states. The teams are only sending 3 -4 representatives.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Rounder said:
The draft will be at the Westin Hotel at 12:30pm in Ottawa. There will be 15- 20 players along with immediate family invited. There is currently no coverage scheduled for the states. The teams are only sending 3 -4 representatives.

Link? Who is covering it in Canada?

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
rt said:
ESPN2 aired the WJCs (which shocked the hell out of me) so it's not completely out of the question that they would show the draft.
They had to it was in Grand Forks, ND. Otherwise they could care less. And judging by the TV ratings following the tournament, no one even noticed it was happening. 3/4 if not the full rink were Canadians coming down from Winnipeg.

I would be more than shocked if any American TV was at the draft, and yes TSN will most definitely be televising it. I have not heard if Sportsnet will show the actual draft, but they will be covering it heavily no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->