NHL Contracts?

dstarrs

Jul 4, 2006
I have been looking all over trying to find a place that has every player's contract, but have not found anything. Basically how much they make for the year (can find that on nhlpa.com) and when their contract expires (can't find). If anyone could direct me to a location where this might be it would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I have cap numbers and contract lengths for all players signed to contracts as of October 4 on my spreadsheet (site listed below); because some people would rather look at a player's actual salary by year than the player's salary cap number, I'm slowly working on putting it out as well (I'm halfway done at the moment).

dstarrs

Jul 4, 2006
Thanks, this is really good work. I will have to keep this for future reference.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I have cap numbers and contract lengths for all players signed to contracts as of October 4 on my spreadsheet (site listed below); because some people would rather look at a player's actual salary by year than the player's salary cap number, I'm slowly working on putting it out as well (I'm halfway done at the moment).

That is a remarkable site.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005

what page is it on? because im not seeing anything for this year and NOTHING that details years...

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
From the home page, go to "Player Cap Counts". Near the bottom is a link to the spreadsheet - right click to download. Each team is on its own tab. Aside from waiver information for about 6-8 teams and updating the players who could be Group VI free agents for about half the teams, it's accurate as of October 10. (I wasn't in the mood to update last night, but I'll update later today.)

Walzy

I have been looking all over trying to find a place that has every player's contract, but have not found anything. Basically how much they make for the year (can find that on nhlpa.com) and when their contract expires (can't find). If anyone could direct me to a location where this might be it would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

i've no salaries, only the cap hits, but you can see when the contract of any player expires:
http://www.geocities.com/walzy1985/NHL_Roster.html

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
From the home page, go to "Player Cap Counts". Near the bottom is a link to the spreadsheet - right click to download. Each team is on its own tab. Aside from waiver information for about 6-8 teams and updating the players who could be Group VI free agents for about half the teams, it's accurate as of October 10. (I wasn't in the mood to update last night, but I'll update later today.)

you mean the 05-06 player cap counts spreadsheet?

theres no mention of years remaining on the contracts at all

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
i've no salaries, only the cap hits, but you can see when the contract of any player expires:
http://www.geocities.com/walzy1985/NHL_Roster.html

now that im looking at all of this, there really should be one big site with all free agents, cap, years, etc. all on one site rather than the 3-4 geocities sites that have the info right now

wouldnt it be cool to have it all in a database?
or to have it automatically re-calculate cap space? or allow people to have easy access to all these numbers on the fly? god knows how many threads are made of people asking for cap figures or trade proposals that are impossible due to cba limitations

*starts planning something*

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
you mean the 05-06 player cap counts spreadsheet?

theres no mention of years remaining on the contracts at all

*sigh* It was

player cap count spreadsheet right click and "Save Target As..." to download

I've now reworded it to make it more clear.

Randy Marsh said:
wouldnt it be cool to have it all in a database?
or to have it automatically re-calculate cap space? or allow people to have easy access to all these numbers on the fly? god knows how many threads are made of people asking for cap figures or trade proposals that are impossible due to cba limitations

*starts planning something*
Have at it then ... but if you think setting something like that up is going to keep people from making impossible trade proposals, you underestimate the ability of people not to read and/or pay attention to the obvious. There's people who still think teams can pick up part of a contract when making a trade and that players can still sign option years, and that's after a year of pointing out over and over again that both are prohibited under the current CBA.

Last edited:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
awesome

thats a completely different file than what i downloaded from the site earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->