NHL Center ice carry Olympic Coverage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
I also checked because I am getting dish network and center ice in the next few days. I checked center ice's schedule and they aren't showing anything. I think NBC has exclusive coverage of the olympics.

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
NBC has already stated that they will give full coverage of olympic hockey on their station.

iceblue

Jul 30, 2004
Myrtle Beach
Blackburn2727 said:
NBC has already stated that they will give full coverage of olympic hockey on their station.

:biglaugh:

I hope that's true as I am a huge hockey fan living in the States, but in my experience full coverage of hockey usually means they'll show a few games that the US team plays and no other games.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
leafsfan22 said:
:biglaugh:

I hope that's true as I am a huge hockey fan living in the States, but in my experience full coverage of hockey usually means they'll show a few games that the US team plays and no other games.

I think it's true because the olympics are on I think 5 or so channels.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
sandman441 said:
I think it's true because the olympics are on I think 5 or so channels.

Correct. The games will be split between NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and USA Network. You can find the full schedule on nbcolympics.com

They will be showing all of the games though.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
#16 said:
Correct. The games will be split between NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, and USA Network. You can find the full schedule on nbcolympics.com

They will be showing all of the games though.

I thought Bravo was one of the channels?.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
sandman441 said:
I thought Bravo was one of the channels?.

Yes, Bravo is one of the channels that will show the Winter Olympics but not any hockey games. All USA Hockey games are being broadcast on USA Network or NBC. All other hockey games will be shown on CNBC or MSNBC and the semis and finals will be shown on NBC.

Last edited:

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
missK said:
Yes, Bravo is one of the channels that will show the Winter Olympics but not any hockey games. All USA Hockey games are being broadcast on USA Network or NBC.

I saw the commercial a few minutes after I posted. I guess the games on USA are going to be commercial free.

gmcintos

Jan 25, 2006
Centre Ice

Im Canadian living in Michigan this year, I think we need to get a sattelite down here to watch all the Canadian games on CBC.

I checked the NBC website but it's not clear if they carry Canada games, and i have no idea what the universal HD channel is. Does that mean I need an HD tv?

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
gmcintos said:
Im Canadian living in Michigan this year, I think we need to get a sattelite down here to watch all the Canadian games on CBC.

I checked the NBC website but it's not clear if they carry Canada games, and i have no idea what the universal HD channel is. Does that mean I need an HD tv?

Yes. Up here to get the HD channels you need to get a HD cable box and then subscribe to the Hd channels. It's probably the same there but don't hold me to that.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
gmcintos said:

All Olympic hockey games will be broadcast in the USA per the press release.

All 54 games of both the men's and women's hockey tournaments will be seen live on the networks of NBC Universal. This will mark the first time in U.S. television history that the entire Olympic women's tournament will be televised. All Team USA hockey games and the gold medal games, both men's and women's, will be broadcast commercial-free and in their entirety. The women's gold medal game will air live on President's Day, Monday, Feb. 20, on NBC. The men's gold medal game will air live on the final day of Olympic competition, Sunday, Feb. 26, on NBC.

NHL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad