NHL Center Ice 2006-07 (discussion, etc.)

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
just got it :yo:

Added bonus:

In my region, the NHL CI channels are the same as the MLB Extra Innings package...and so...when you order CI while baseball season is still going...you get three free weeks of pennant-race baseball :D

rydlar

Aug 2, 2005
Shaw & Center Ice

Hey everyone,

I'm also stuck in western Canada here.. however, I just called Shaw and they said they didn't know too much about Centre Ice etc, but that if enough people tell the customer service operators to put a request for Centre Ice in, then it may happen sooner rather than later.

So I just did that.. I'm thinking if a LOT of people did it, maybe it would make them realise just how much $$ they're missing out on and they'd get off their asses. Because in reality, they only care money.. and if there's demand you'd think they'd get it.

Bleifooss

Hey everyone,

I'm also stuck in western Canada here.. however, I just called Shaw and they said they didn't know too much about Centre Ice etc, but that if enough people tell the customer service operators to put a request for Centre Ice in, then it may happen sooner rather than later.

So I just did that.. I'm thinking if a LOT of people did it, maybe it would make them realise just how much $$ they're missing out on and they'd get off their asses. Because in reality, they only care money.. and if there's demand you'd think they'd get it.

Well, guess somebody has to break the news to you. I am living in the Western Region since 1999 and put in my request before every NHL season, it didn't happen until now and I am afraid it will never happen. One reason I believe is that they rather put pay-per-view for Oilers, Canucks and Flames on than the Centre Ice package. I have given up hope altogether and usually go to a pub in Vancouver if there is a particular game I want to watch.

rydlar

Aug 2, 2005
dammit...

that sucks.. i'm in vancouver too.. and really i only want oilers games.

condo-life doesn't really permit bell expressvu either.

they said something like $11/game or $160 for a 17 game pack of ppv games... how gay is that.

BostonHockey33

Sep 9, 2006
Tallahassee, FL
in order to get center ice i have to pay an extra 15 bucks for digital cable so for the season thatd be an extra 135 bucks or whatever plus the price of the package...eh i dont think i can afford that, ill just watch the lightning games...id rather be able to eat:D

X0ssbar

just got it :yo:

Added bonus:

In my region, the NHL CI channels are the same as the MLB Extra Innings package...and so...when you order CI while baseball season is still going...you get three free weeks of pennant-race baseball :D

Same here....are you going through Time Warner?

MALKIN IS GOD !!!!!!*

i would probably pay up to $250 for center ice. it's that good. $149 is still a fair deal.

That is just about the cost of the Football package - i told them to screw off with that - They wanted like $ 220 I think. But I will never give up my Center Ice - not even at $ 300.

I have seen 1,800 penguin games YEAH BUDDY:handclap: :handclap:

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I just moved here last season and purchased it ASAP (before the season started). I thought I was told that unless you call and cancel it, you will automatically receive it the next season, does anyone know anything about that? I haven't received anything from my cable provider (Adelphia) concerning the package for this season.

Majik1987

I know kung fu...
Nov 27, 2005
Northern Illinois
I have Comcast Chicago, and although I have not seen it advertised yet, I called in and was able to order it. Cost that same as everyone has noted ($149). I am hooked up for the coming season! Woohoo!!! :yo:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I just moved here last season and purchased it ASAP (before the season started). I thought I was told that unless you call and cancel it, you will automatically receive it the next season, does anyone know anything about that? I haven't received anything from my cable provider (Adelphia) concerning the package for this season.

you have to call and renew each year, at least i do.

in my case, you can order it from the tv or the internet, as well.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Oddly enough, I still got the Center Ice package for the early bird ($129). Was expecting to pay the $149 but hey, I'll take the twenty.

kracker1

Sep 13, 2005
Blueland
Oddly enough, I still got the Center Ice package for the early bird ($129). Was expecting to pay the $149 but hey, I'll take the twenty.

I paid $129 US last year (Comcast in Atlanta) after the free-preview stopped several games into the season.

Is there any CI programming on now? Does it include pre-season games?

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Based on the history of the package, you won't see any preseason action at all in the states. I do not know whether any such games have ever been included in the Great White North.

You would need access to the out-of-market regional sports networks that may be airing a few games. A few years back I had the Sports Pack on DirecTV during the preseason and there were only a handful of games available.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
Couple of questions: Are the pre-game shows also shown before each game? Which commentators are used for a game, the home team's or is it random?

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
Couple of questions: Are the pre-game shows also shown before each game? Which commentators are used for a game, the home team's or is it random?
Generally pre/post game shows aren't televised. We have Dish Network, and last season we did get both the pre/post for HNIC, and the post from Buffalo, for some bizarre reason. For the past couple of years on Dish Network they've also shown all feeds that were available. So if, say, Colorado was playing Nashville and it was being shown on TSN, we'd have all three feeds available to watch. Dunno if it'll be that way again this year, and I don't think that happens with DirecTV or most cable companies. I don't know how they decide which feed to show.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
DirecTV gave the home feed most of the time last year, or if a Canadian feed was available we'd get that 98 % of the time.

I assume its the same for InDemand (hopefully, I love the Canadian feeds)

Veinless

Aug 23, 2005
I paid $129 US last year (Comcast in Atlanta) after the free-preview stopped several games into the season.

Is there any CI programming on now? Does it include pre-season games?

From: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45869&page=3
"
Mon, Sept. 18 - Buffalo Sabres @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Wed, Sept. 20 - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators
Fri, Sept. 22 - Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs
Sat, Sept. 23 - Maple Leafs @ Canadiens
Sun, Sept. 24 - Maple Leafs @ Senators (in Halifax)
Wed, Sept. 27 - Senators @ Maple Leafs
Sat, Sept. 30 = Maple Leafs @ Red Wings
Sun, Oct. 1 - Red Wings @ Maple Leafs
"

OilKiller

Feb 1, 2005
canadatv.invisionzone.com
Well, guess somebody has to break the news to you. I am living in the Western Region since 1999 and put in my request before every NHL season, it didn't happen until now and I am afraid it will never happen.

I wouldn't count on that. I know that right now Star Choice is negotiating to carry NHL CI, which would mean that Shaw most likely would carry the package as well (same company).

I have a contact at Star Choice that would not confirm, but would not deny that Star Choice and Shaw are negotiating to carry NHL CI.

All is not lost yet.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Does anyone else who has Bell Express Vu just have the channel NHL1 listed on the guide?? I have it ordered and I'm wondering why it just says NHL1. All it says is "Off air, click for info". Then it says the number to order it and it says 40 out of market games per year.

I just found this strange.

Veinless

Aug 23, 2005
Bell Expressvu has the following channels currently:

424 NHLH1
425 NHLH2
426 NHL1

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Bell Expressvu has the following channels currently:

424 NHLH1
425 NHLH2
426 NHL1

That's weird, on mine all I have is 426. But I had CI last season, so I thought it automatically continues unless I cancel. I didn't even know this though and I re-ordered it from the Bell site. There is no reason why I shouldn't be subscribed to CI. :dunno:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
That's weird, on mine all I have is 426. But I had CI last season, so I thought it automatically continues unless I cancel. I didn't even know this though and I re-ordered it from the Bell site. There is no reason why I shouldn't be subscribed to CI. :dunno:

it definitely doesn't auto-renew, at least not for me. i called to double check, and when i was told no...that's when i went ahead and ordered it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad