NHL bloodlines in the next few drafts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Paul Stastny.
Garrett Suter may be related to Ryan and Gary.

There's a ton.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Probably the best NHL bloodlines I've ever heard of belong to Blake Geoffrion (2006 NHL draft).

Father Danny was a 1st round NHL pick and played a few years in the NHL and WHA.

Paternal grandfather Bernie (Boom Boom) is in the Hall of Fame.

Maternal great-grandfather Howie (Stratford Streak) Morenz in in the Hall of Fame and is a Montreal Canadiens icon.

leafaholix*

2005 Draft...

Sergei Kostitsyn, brother of Andrei.
Marc Staal, brother of Eric.
Garrett Suter, brother of Ryan, nephew of Gary, son of Bob.
Dan Ryder, brother of Michael.
Jonathan Sigalet, brother of Jordan (Bruins prospect).
Paul Stastny, son of Peter.
Tom Fritsche, brother of Dan.
Tom Pyatt, brother of Taylor?
Devin Timberlake, brother of Justin.
Jason Lynch, brother of Doug, etc...
Brett Sutter, related to the Sutter family?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Juan said:
Probably the best NHL bloodlines I've ever heard of belong to Blake Geoffrion (2006 NHL draft).

Father Danny was a 1st round NHL pick and played a few years in the NHL and WHA.

Paternal grandfather Bernie (Boom Boom) is in the Hall of Fame.

Maternal great-grandfather Howie (Stratford Streak) Morenz in in the Hall of Fame and is a Montreal Canadiens icon.

Having Boom boom Geoffrion and Howie Morenz as ancestors is definitely cool.

matys

Jul 30, 2002
Visit site
Douggy said:
What nationality does he associate himself with? (ie, what country will he play for?)

I think Paul Stastny is already American as well as his older brother Yan who plays in Germany for Nurnberg and have plaid for USA national team on German Cup for last two years.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
matys said:
I think Paul Stastny is already American as well as his older brother Yan who plays in Germany for Nurnberg and have plaid for USA national team on German Cup for last two years.
He was born in St.Louis and plays college hockey here. I'm pretty sure he sees himself as an American.

One of the Hanson brothers has a son that is a draft prospect. I remeber reading it in the WHA book (sorry I'm housesitting and don't have it handy.) I want him in the NHL just for the constant stream of Slapshot quotes.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Hasbro said:
He was born in St.Louis and plays college hockey here. I'm pretty sure he sees himself as an American.

One of the Hanson brothers has a son that is a draft prospect. I remeber reading it in the WHA book (sorry I'm housesitting and don't have it handy.) I want him in the NHL just for the constant stream of Slapshot quotes.

Stastny was probably born in Quebec and lists his hometown as St. Louis. He has represented the US at last years Viking Cup and was at the US WJC evaluation camp last August.

Christian Hanson is actually rated 52nd among North Americans in CSB's recent Mid-Terms. I've heard he was pretty good but I didn't expect him to be that high. He'll be playing at Notre Dame next year. Hanson

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
cagney said:
Stastny was probably born in Quebec and lists his hometown as St. Louis. He has represented the US at last years Viking Cup and was at the US WJC evaluation camp last August.
Forcaster has him listed as born in QC. I was going off of memory from the DU media gui

Christian Hanson is actually rated 52nd among North Americans in CSB's recent Mid-Terms. I've heard he was pretty good but I didn't expect him to be that high. He'll be playing at Notre Dame next year. Hanson
Is he bringing his ****ing toys with him?

Last edited:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Hasbro said:
Is he bringing his ****ing toys with him?

I don't know but I did hear he's bringing them to the draft so he and his dad have something to do while he's waiting to get picked.

leafaholix*

Douggy said:
What nationality does he associate himself with? (ie, what country will he play for?)
Born in Canada, grew up in the USA, Slovakian background.

He's played for Slovakia in a 1985 tournament, but will continue playing for the US.

leafaholix*

Wayne Gretzky's son(s) will be coming through the US program shortly.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
Speaking of bloodlines, who do you think is going to live up to the family name?

Jeff Tambellini
Zack Praise
Eric Nystrom
Robert Nilsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad