NHL Begins TV ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It seems as though the NHL has already begun promoting the game.

Well, not in a direct sense of "NHL Season 2005/2006", but there are Nike Hockey ads that are being broadcast now.

Something like the Kovalchuk ads last year.

It's good to see. I've just seen one, with Iginla and Naslund. Any others out there?

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Scugs said:
It seems as though the NHL has already begun promoting the game.

Well, not in a direct sense of "NHL Season 2005/2006", but there are Nike Hockey ads that are being broadcast now.

Something like the Kovalchuk ads last year.

It's good to see. I've just seen one, with Iginla and Naslund. Any others out there?

There was a thread about this a week ago. It's Nike, not the NHL. This would explain the lack of official team jerseys (filmed during lockout)

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
:dunno:

Didn't realize this was old news.

But I did point out that it was Nike.

Either way it shows the NHL isn't waiting around for any certain moment. You wouldn't have seen these commercials during the lockout.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
its actually nike thats not waiting around for any certain moment, the day after the deal in principle they launched a new nike hockey website & the iginla/naslund commercial

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
The lack of official jerseys in the NIKE ads probably has more to do with Reebok being the new NHL Official supplier for jerseys and that than anything lockout related.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
i've said this a million times and maybe i'm just beating a dead horse, but unless nike starts playing these ads in the US, they do little to promote the sport as a whole.

skellart

Jan 24, 2005
Chattown
corbanSOG said:
i've said this a million times and maybe i'm just beating a dead horse, but unless nike starts playing these ads in the US, they do little to promote the sport as a whole.

amen. thank you
:clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->