NHL and Pepsi come to terms

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Diet Coke all the way. Never been a big Pepsi fan. Though I do love Diet Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper is not actually a Pepsi product, it is a unit of Cadbury-Schweppes. In some parts of the US, the local Pepsi distributor handles Dr. Pepper, in others, the local Coke distributor does, in others other companies distribute it. In Canada, Pepsi is the distributor for Dr. Pepper. Several fast food chains that serve Coke products also have Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper as well (Chik-Fil-A and Sonic are two I know of).

As for Pepsi products being sold in all of the NHL arenas, that's not going to happen. With many NHL arenas being shared with NBA teams, which has a deal with Coca-Cola, you're not going to see arenas offering Coke products at NBA games and Pepsi products at an NHL game. If Philips Arena were to sell Pepsi products, the place would likely be burned down. That would be like Busch Stadium selling Miller Brewing products. With the exception of the fast food chains that have contracts to serve Pepsi, you're hard pressed to find Pepsi in most restaurants in Atlanta. At the larger chains of gas stations, you'll find both companies' fountain products.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
As a sidenote I thought the photos at the NHL draft showed Wayne at the draft table with a diet Coke- could be wrong but I thought he still digged coke- oh well just so Pepsi did not see it I guess. baha.

It might be but he's a Pepsi man now. I mean he was plastered all over Pepsi cans during the Olympics. What a pain it was to collect all 5 or 6 (I don't remember how many lol).

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
In Canada, Pepsi is the distributor for Dr. Pepper.

Weirdest little factoid about Pepsi and Coke in Canada, Coke bottles them and all the Pepsi products (as well as Dr. Pepper). The Coke bottlers' association in Canada bought out Pepsi's bottler. I couldn't believe it when I read that in the business section of the paper a few years back.

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
Why do I get the feeling that their commercials are gonna suck? Oh wait, it's hockey. Duh. The only decent commercial of hockey I've seen in the last few years was one by Powerade where they created a montage of the best hits in the game.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dont drink Soda. Havent for a year. Maybe when im out to eat somewhere. Its just horrible for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->