NHL and NHLPA to meet on Wednesday and Thursday in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Bettman and Goodenow are expected to rejoin the negotiation on Thursday, perhaps heating up what has been described as a "big week."

Hmmm, since they wont be there AGAIN on wednesday..Thursday better be another 14 hour meeting day.

Lanny MacDonald*

It will be interesting to see what impact the ESPN announcement has on negotiations. The official announcement will be out by time the meeting take place so I suspect that will have the effect of a Pejorative Slurant or an accelerant. It will be interesting to see which it is.

GSC2k2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddywatson
well why didnt that do that from the start.

Crazy_Ike said:
Bob Goodenow.

Baloney!! Balderdash!!!

It was the NHL's fault! The PA has been giving and giving and giving concessions!!! This is a lockout! 24%! The owners won't ever disclose their finances! THe owners are all crooks! Free market! Fair market for their services! Dumb owners signed the contracts! No guns to their heads! No one forced them to pay the salaries! Pay the players what they are worth! The players are the game! Owners need to stick to their budget! Hidden revenues! Bill Wirtz!

Blah, blah, blah ... :shakehead

hopefully now none of the PA shills need to post in this thread.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
gscarpenter2002 said:
It was the NHL's fault! .
this is true

gscarpenter2002 said:
The PA has been giving and giving and giving concessions!!! .
you can deny this ? this CBA is all about PA givebacks.
gscarpenter2002 said:
This is a lockout! .
true again
gscarpenter2002 said:
yes, the players offered this rollback ... another fact
gscarpenter2002 said:
THe owners are all crooks!.
its true ... most of them have gotten rich by hook and by crook. you dont get rich by being nice and fair. so what though.
gscarpenter2002 said:
Fair market for their services! .
this isnt a reasonable expectation of a human being ?
gscarpenter2002 said:
Dumb owners signed the contracts! .
and would you deny this as fact ?
gscarpenter2002 said:
No guns to their heads! .
gscarpenter2002 said:
No one forced them to pay the salaries!.
gscarpenter2002 said:
Owners need to stick to their budget! .
if only they did, we would be watching the playoffs

dr

hubofhockey

Aug 14, 2003
DR said:
this is true

true again
its true ... most of them have gotten rich by hook and by crook. you dont get rich by being nice and fair. so what though.

dr

OK, that vacume approach is fine.
However, let's say you were in a marriage, and your partner (be it wife or husband), just went out and rolled up incredible debt on the credit card EVERY MONTH. Let's say he/she came home ever 30 days with bills of, oh, $10K.
You, as the co-debtor, could sit there and say, `Hey, that's my partner....no on put a gun to his/her head to buy those things....and it's as free world,ain't it...and that's the impact of a free-market world.' You know what, you'd be right.You also would be up to your eyeballs in debt.
In other words, you also would be an ENABLER. At some point, as the partner, you have to take responsibility for what your significant other does. Or, you can stand there like a blind idiot and accept it all until your avoir-dupois is hauled into bankruptcy, too.l
So, Dr., I ask you, how do your repsonses fit that scenario? In a vacume, yes, the owners should be able to do it on their own. But history has shown--beyond a shadow of a doubt--that they are unable to police themselves. For the most part, they are intoxicated by the thought of winning, and they run their businesses like drunken fools--and the only ones who have benefited have been the players (certainly not the fans).
For the first time in their sad history, the owners have policed themselves in this lockout, and they are now finally getting it under control. We only now await the players to signal when they're down to their last ounce of blood.

kpd/hoh

GSC2k2*

DR said:
this is true

true again

dr

Oh, I just don't know what to say!!!!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
[Fire Sather] said:
Might have a deal after the Thursday meetings.
Yup .. Thursday should do it ..

After the US long weekend, everyone comes back well rested and in no time at all the two sides should agree on a new CBA.

Thats the way I see it to .. ;)

They got most of the Big Issues out of the way .. Now they are only left with deciding if they are going to go with $50 Mil cap the NHLPA wants or the $30 mil the NHL wants ..

How long could that take to resolve realistically ?? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Iconoclast said:
It will be interesting to see what impact the ESPN announcement has on negotiations. The official announcement will be out by time the meeting take place so I suspect that will have the effect of a Pejorative Slurant or an accelerant. It will be interesting to see which it is.

ESPN confirmed the decision today

ESPN will not pick up a $60 million option to retain NHL broadcasting rights for next season, the network said Saturday.

ESPN spokesman Mike Soltys said the network would have further comment next week. The option deadline is Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2070927

Brent Burns Beard