NHL agents

BostonHockey33

Sep 9, 2006
Tallahassee, FL
Hey anyone have any insight on becoming a hockey agent? Ive heard there are only about 100 of them. Anyone have any inside info? I know this is a broad question but I'm in law school and I've always had this closet dream of working in hockey but I don't tell many people about it:badidea:
thanks

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Hey anyone have any insight on becoming a hockey agent? Ive heard there are only about 100 of them. Anyone have any inside info? I know this is a broad question but I'm in law school and I've always had this closet dream of working in hockey but I don't tell many people about it:badidea:
thanks
You just told better than 6 billion people.

There are a slew of agencies out there, try a google, maybe make some contacts that way, talk to your professors or mentors. Chances are someone has a connection to NHLPA or PHPA types through a few degrees. Outside of some of the larger agencies/firms, I am not sure Tallahassee will have much as far as connections as say, the Great Lakes.

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
thanks

First, you'll need to have some physical alterations done, which shouldn't be to drastic as you've probably prepare for a few when you decided to become a lawyer.

Essentially, what it boils down to is, you'll need scales, two very long top teeth, a forked tongue, and venom sacs.

You will no longer require the use of your arms and legs, and you will need to memorize some key lines before your interviews. Some (but not all) are as follows:

"My client is insulted."

"My client simply is looking for the respect he deserves at this point in his career."

"I haven't heard anything, and as far as I'm concerned the ball is in their court."

"If you look at what other players are signing for around the league, I think it's a reasonable position."

"Europe is an excellent option for my client."

"Elite third-liners deserve elite third-line money. Look at Kesler, for example..."

And when there's another lockout, and you're asked for your opinion on things, you only need to know one line:

"Nobody put a gun to the owners' heads; they don't have to sign players for these ridiculous amounts, and frankly, I don't understand why they do."

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
First, you'll need to have some physical alterations done, which shouldn't be to drastic as you've probably prepare for a few when you decided to become a lawyer.

Essentially, what it boils down to is, you'll need scales, two very long top teeth, a forked tongue, and venom sacs.
:biglaugh: Funniest thing I've read on here in weeks!

Boston, I assume you are at FSU? They have a sports management program there, I'd consider giving them a call. They may have the inside track on internships and could probably put you in touch with their alumni who work in the field.

http://www.fsu.edu/~smrmpe/

Heck, they may even talk you into swinging a Master's while you're doing your JD. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad