GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Celebrini would mean the rebuild is basically over.

I'm not sure some fans on this board are prepared to stop cheering for their team to lose.
Oh trust me with a 1C we are ready. I can't believe a 3 year tank period is harder for some than trotting out David Deharnais and Plekanec as our top centers for 10 years , I guess to each their own. This rebuild period has been god sent for some of us.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How do you think Arpon knows this, or thinks he knows this?

When he talked to high ranking members about not selecting Michkov last year, they told him how much they loved Demidov. Everything he's heard from being in contact and talking to the team has been how high they are on this kid.

They had reasons to not want Michkov, as did a bunch of other teams, which is why he went as late as he did.

Bob really trying to get me going having demidov at 6 on his list.

I won't fall for your tricks and get my hopes up bob , you sly fox

He's 2 on their latest list.

Ivan Demidov may be here as early as this summer?

Doesn't help our hopes to have him drop.

Staying put at 5 is a win for me. Just hoping for that

Falling at all would be a kick in the pills.

If not Celebrini or Demidov, I'm team Lindstrom or Eiserman this year.

Lindstrom, Catton or Sennecke for me.

Have a feeling CLB win the lottery

Would help our forward prospects.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

I'm not sure some fans on this board are prepared to stop cheering for their team to lose.

Over? Celebrini is not McDavid. I hope people don't expect him to score 80pts+ on his first season. He is also one of the youngest player to be drafted.

I can see us having another top 10-12 pick in 2025 with or with out celebrini.

Beside, the tank is close to being over. We draft twice in first round in 2024. Twice in 2025. Probably twice in 2026 (after the trade).

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Over? Celebrini is not McDavid. I hope people don't expect him to score 80pts+ on his first season. He is also one of the youngest player to be drafted.

Beside, the tank is close to being over. We draft twice in first round in 2024. Twice in 2025. Probably twice in 2026 (after the trade).
He’s right, it would be over. Assuming everyone is healthy, with Mack + another addition that is surely coming this offseason, the Habs will be a solid team.

I mean a team whose best player is Dylan Strome and #1 goalie is Charlie Lindgren made the playoffs.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

He might not score 80 his first season, but he’s going to be a 80+ pt guy quickly and bring a two way game with it.

Celebrini-Suzuki down the middle is Bergeron-Krejci all over again. Maybe even better.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Celebrini-Suzuki down the middle is Bergeron-Krejci all over again. Maybe even better.

giphy.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

We don't need to add a McDavid to end the rebuild, Celebrini is going to be an excellent player and will be a top 6 forward this upcoming season. Why wouldn't you want to capitalize on a stud that's going to be on his ELC? What else are we going to be waiting for besides growth from our dmen?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ivan Demidov may be here as early as this summer?

pipe dream imo, no way does SKA let him out of his contract.

People can cheer for whatever since who cares as it means nothing at all. But it won't be over until the blueliners step up and progress a lot. From what I understand it sounds like Celebrini will return to BU next year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I thought the same thing. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the pick traded if we don’t win the lottery. A top 6 winger now, or in 3-5 years? Which is more important at this stage?

I do like the idea of bringing in Zegras but we will still need to add another grity type top 6F on top of him.

I'm open to 5th for Zegras. However, the more I think about it, I am also open to Guhle for Zegras (not liking it but open to it). Would you trade Reinbacher for Zegras? RD's are rare so not sure I would. Difficult decision to make.

If we were to trade one of our D (Guhle or Reinbacher) for Zegras, we could then use our 5th on a winger with size. Heck, maybe we get Celebrini. But if not, I do like the idea of adding one of Iggy or Eiserman.

There is lots of different type of options we can explore. Hughes is going to drive Gorton nuts with all the different angles he may want to explore. haha.

Romanov being traded did come out of nowhere right? Who expected that?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom

Unless MTL draft 1st, which give you Celebrini, I want them to trade up to get one of the other two.

pipe dream imo, no way does SKA let him out of his contract.

People can cheer for whatever since who cares as it means nothing at all. But it won't be over until the blueliners step up and progress a lot. From what I understand it sounds like Celebrini will return to BU next year.

I thought that players in the KHL could buy back their contract. Is that a thing?

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal

I prepared myself already, no more loss cheering next year, it's over
Whether we get Celebrini or not, rebuild is not completed but tanking is, basta..

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
No matter what, Habs will have the option to draft one of them:

1 - Celebrini.
2 - Demidov.
3 - Lindstrom.
4 - Iginla.
5 - Catton.
6 - Eiserman.
7 - Sennecke.

Eiserman should be a option in the table of scouts, he have the premiere qualitie that Habs want, scoring goals. He is a elite goalscorer. The rest of his game? That can teach. But he have the ability to put 40 goals++ per season at NHL level, do you really think we can easily pass on a future 40 goalscorer at this range of the draft? (5, 6 or 7). I don't think so.

If Habs let's walk with one of them, I would be very happy. They have all great potential to become very important players for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad