27. ANA- McLeod
28. PIT- Ylolen
29. NSH- Vladislav
30. EDM- Ingham
31. WSH- Addison

Last edited:

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I'd take Hughes over Dahlin (& Svechnikov) right now. I think it's close and either of the 3 could rise to the top.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I'd take Hughes over Dahlin (& Svechnikov) right now. I think it's close and either of the 3 could rise to the top.

I think he's got just as much skill, the only issue is size and age. Hughes is a monster at creating plays and is amazing defence wise especially for his size and I really want to compare him to Karlsson but his name is overkilled when it comes to prospects.

I'll say this I don't even think there's a comparison here, he's so good and there's been a rarity of small defenders with Elite to Franchise Level skill. Comparable wise I'd like to go Karlsson just because of offensive upside and not being huge but still very responsible defensively(I think he's a better comparison than Makar was to Karlsson regardless of the 3 inches, Hughes is much higher in skill than Makar).

Dahlin is absolutely amazing, he's got better hands than probably 80-90% of all players in the league and can do everything, he's the best defensive prospect since I can remember(I got into hockey when I was 4 and that was 2003), he's so fluent and great at everything dare I say it, he's perfect and is a great comparable to Lidstrom, but my only issue with him is he's perfect and a guy who is 5'9" and 170Ibs is outplaying him.

Hughes looks better Offensively and is not to far off Defensively(IMO), but if a guy that small is playing that good I think and he's hardly filled out he's got allot of potential.

Either guy can bust but I would not be suprised to see Hughes above Dahlin(I'm sure many teams would prefer Dahlin though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad