Nhl 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydog

Dec 9, 2002
Cincinnati
Visit site
kngbryn said:
For those of you who own NHL 2004, Can you tell me if there are actual people, like Ovechkin or Crosby, in the Drafts(for Dynasty Mode) or if it has some weird named people?

I don't believe that they could put those names in there even if they wanted to. They aren't part of the players union so you won't find them in the game. Kind of like the NCAA games that don't have the real names, just the numbers.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
CanesFan10 said:
I don't believe that they could put those names in there even if they wanted to. They aren't part of the players union so you won't find them in the game. Kind of like the NCAA games that don't have the real names, just the numbers.
Thanks for your info.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
By the way, can anyone list the names of the "rookies"(like Grebeshkov, Pitkanen, Ruutu, or even guys that have played 20-30 games in the NHL) that are included in the game and what their ratings are like?

Oceanic39*

For those of you who have ESPN hockey...

I heard you're not allowed to make trades for other teams within season/franchise mode, even if you have CPU trading off.

Is this true?

Thanks.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Chistov , Kotalik and Jaybo turned into star players on my teams ...

Lehonen is not in the game , Ruutu isin't there too .

By the way, can anyone list the names of the "rookies"(like Grebeshkov, Pitkanen, Ruutu, or even guys that have played 20-30 games in the NHL) that are included in the game and what their ratings are like?

JasonMacIsaac

Lehtonen, Ruutu, Pihlman are all in the game playing for a Fins league.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
CanesFan10 said:

In ESPN NHL Hockey, their names are in the commentary database if you want to create them. Well, at least Tuomo Ruutu, Ovechkin and Pitkänen are.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Actually guys like Lehtonen and Ruutu are there. The Finnish, Swedish and German Leagues are there and so are the real players. There are even pictures for most of the players.

If you want to make them available for the dynasty mode, trade them in the "play now" section to their respective NHL squads for nothing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Coffey77 said:
Actually guys like Lehtonen and Ruutu are there. The Finnish, Swedish and German Leagues are there and so are the real players. There are even pictures for most of the players.

If you want to make them available for the dynasty mode, trade them in the "play now" section to their respective NHL squads for nothing.

How are Lehtonen, Ruutu, Pitkänen and Marek Zidlicky rated in NHL 2004?

SwedenRulez

CanesFan10 said:

Can they use a name subtitute like: Sydney Crosbie ?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Jussi said:
How are Lehtonen, Ruutu, Pitkänen and Marek Zidlicky rated in NHL 2004?

The problem is that the European league players are rated against themselves not against the NHL players. So Ruutu is around a 88 and so is someone like Thornton.

Lehtonen is a 85, Pitkanen is an 84(or higher), Ruutu is 88 or 89.

Those are off memory. I'll post them later with a few other youngsters later.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
G H. Toivonen(BOS) 74
G K. Lehtonen(ATL) 85
C T. Ruutu(CHI) 88
L A. Miettinen(DAL) 87
D N. Kronwall(DET) 88
D J. Pitkanen(PHI) 84
R E. Somervuori(TBY) 85
D L. Jonsson(BOS) 68
R R. Nilsson(NYI) 69
G S. Liv(DET) 84
C A. Steen(TOR) 81
D M. Zidlicky(???) 89
D T. Makela(BOS) 74
C M. Koivu(MIN) 82

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
SwedenRulez said:
Can they use a name subtitute like: Sydney Crosbie ?

maybe but it wouldnt be serious. they have to make deals with the NHL and NHLPA to do so.. now if they would do that.. it would be ridiculous and i doubt the NHL would deal with people doing so.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
For those of you who want to buy a kockey game, I suggested ESPN Hockey. It's the more realistic hockey game on earth. And if you want to do a trade to have, for example, Jay Bouwmeester, you will have to give a lot. That realistic.

TWS

Jul 8, 2002
Visit site
I forgot to ask: Which leagues are made available in NHL 2004(Such as RSL, Finnish Elite League, etc)?

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
kngbryn said:
I forgot to ask: Which leagues are made available in NHL 2004(Such as RSL, Finnish Elite League, etc)?

NHL, SEL(sweden), DEL(german), ETL(finland). not sure on the league name for finland, but it's there highest league.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
sammy87 said:
G H. Toivonen(BOS) 74
G K. Lehtonen(ATL) 85
C T. Ruutu(CHI) 88
L A. Miettinen(DAL) 87
D J. Pitkanen(PHI) 84
R E. Somervuori(TBY) 85
D M. Zidlicky(???) 89
C M. Koivu(MIN) 82

Do these players have a certain category where they especially stand out (speed, shooting, checking etc.)?

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Jussi said:
Do these players have a certain category where they especially stand out (speed, shooting, checking etc.)?

I took a brief look at Lehtonen's ratings and they aren't that high. His potential is only in the 60's. That's not right. And consider that those ratings are compared to the rest of the Finnish league. Something is wrong there since Lehtonen has great numbers over in Finland.

As far as Ruutu, he doesn't stand out in one particular area, he's got great ratings everywhere. Skating, shooting, hitting, potential. You name the attribute and it's most likely at least an 80. Mikko Koivu's ratings are kind of like Ruutu's, only a little bit lower.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Coffey77 said:
I took a brief look at Lehtonen's ratings and they aren't that high. His potential is only in the 60's. That's not right. And consider that those ratings are compared to the rest of the Finnish league. Something is wrong there since Lehtonen has great numbers over in Finland.

As far as Ruutu, he doesn't stand out in one particular area, he's got great ratings everywhere. Skating, shooting, hitting, potential. You name the attribute and it's most likely at least an 80. Mikko Koivu's ratings are kind of like Ruutu's, only a little bit lower.

Ok, I was just looking for some help with creating these players for ESPN NHL Hockey (when I get it). Though the ratings are a little different in that game, EA's ones will give some kind of direction. I know to set Ruutu's checking and checking bias very high, as well as Zidlicky's temperament.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Does anyone have time to post here the roster of Ässät (Finnish SM-liiga) with player ratings... I am not going to buy this game but I would just like to know how the players are rated.

Thanks in advance

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Korkki said:
Does anyone have time to post here the roster of Ässät (Finnish SM-liiga) with player ratings... I am not going to buy this game but I would just like to know how the players are rated.

Thanks in advance

You might be better off posting this on the Finland board. At least Matti has the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad