NHL 18 Information/Discussion Thread | Part II

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I liked 14-15 the most, also GMC is the GOAT game mode; shame they took it out and that most people didn't play it as much/time it right.

Now, why is it that in anything at All-Star or above, my guys crash into the boards and the AI doesn't follow the formation or game plan.. I feel like I absolutely suck at this game against AI opposition. I am better at playing against other players, regardless of skill level. It's like at a certain threshold, your guys just turn into drunk beer league players and the AI team is basically the 2002 red Wings. I have tested with most teams. The most notable one was when I played against PIT as Chicago. Your guys turn into babies and then your opposition gets like 4 goals on 5 shots, regardless of how you defend or check

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Does anyone play 6s EASHL? It seems like you never find anyone in a search.
I do. Playing as a dman usually gets you into games quicker.

Also my buddy just sent me this...

He's not Anaheim...

IMG_0701.jpg

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The funny thing is, Anaheim apparently made the playoffs too.

(I assume he acquired those picks and traded them to Anaheim to create that scenario)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The funny thing is, Anaheim apparently made the playoffs too.

(I assume he acquired those picks and traded them to Anaheim to create that scenario)
Nah he said he thinks it was just a glitch because he said it froze on that screen

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
My daughter asked me "how can you say the computer is cheating" and i dropped these gems....
1. Anytime the cpu can do something that I can't do its cheating. They'll skate their forwards full speed for a full 1:30 and still have more speed to chase me down on a breakaway and stick handle like Mario Lemieux thru 5 guys when their puck handling rating is a 78 while yours is a 94 but when you get bumped or touched or a stick comes within a foot of your player, you lose the puck. When the Ai goalie stops every shot because they read your controller input is cheating. Having lesser speed players beat you in a race to the puck.
Lower rated players doing generation defining dekes.

Please fix the ai and be a pro ea!!!

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Has anyone had the glitch where the crowd noise/goal horn has like a gap/jump every few seconds? Happening to me right now during a playoff game and it's so obnoxious. I remember it happening before, could have been in 17 since it was awhile ago.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I hate how much it feels like the cpu cheats on all star. I can be winning 3-2 and they’ll score two goals in 20 seconds on weak five hole shots to win.

Reactions: Jesse86436

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
I’m done with the NHL series. Last 2 games I bought them both at more then 50% off. I’m probably done with EA honestly. They’re a terrible company with no incentive to produce good products as any game they make they’re basically the only option. I’ve had enough substandard games. I can get the same thing from a AA developer at half the cost.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Late to the party on this and apologize. Recently been diving into NHL18 more and more and the more I do, the more I get annoyed with the game play. Anytime a stick gets near the computers legs, 2 minutes for tripping. And the stick lift turns into a 2 minutes slashing call every time. Is it normal for my guys to be on a line for a big hit and then curl away at the last minute from the cpu player? Just seems the game play is getting worse cause there is no competition. Miss the old 2K series.

bruins2012

Aug 26, 2018
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Late to the party on this and apologize. Recently been diving into NHL18 more and more and the more I do, the more I get annoyed with the game play. Anytime a stick gets near the computers legs, 2 minutes for tripping. And the stick lift turns into a 2 minutes slashing call every time. Is it normal for my guys to be on a line for a big hit and then curl away at the last minute from the cpu player? Just seems the game play is getting worse cause there is no competition. Miss the old 2K series.

I just bought the game and started playing a month ago. Had to try and go through the roster first to try and fix the ratings problem.......this game has too many leagues. I’d be fine if we just had the NHL/A HL and had roster sharing.

Played a few games so far and I’ve noticed the same thing....

Can’t wait until NBA 2k19 comes out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad