NHL 18 Information/Discussion Thread | Part II

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
How long does it take them to put out the opening night rosters? I want the college/Europe a guys in there before I start my season. I could create them, but I’m lazy.
I'd guess end of next week at the earliest, but it'll probably be longer based on the past few years.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Anyone know why Hamonic is still on NYI in the game? Even after the Sept 25th roster update?

I can't imagine he's the only one on the wrong team either

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
The game mostly online is just way too slow and clunky. Yes I know people say well that's how hockey is in real life but I don't think it works for a video game and almost feels like chore to play now. I never really complained much on the series but last year and this year might of actually done it for me this time.

It stuns me that they would have the game default settings at such a slow, boring, unappealing pace. Total barf...........Just got the game yesterday and had to go to the game sliders and increase "significantly" the skating speed, acceleration and agility. After that, the game seems pretty cool. How in the world can they sell their product with those kinds of settings when the NHL is the fastest game on earth and the league itself is getting even faster. So, so stupid. You can tell there are some subtle improvements to the game in terms of player control which makes the game more enjoyable and polished BUT they should be able to do a whole lot more too. For all the moves incorporated in the 2K game and the moves are so easy to execute with the skill stick, why on earth can't NHL do the same thing? Inexcusable

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Anyone know why Hamonic is still on NYI in the game? Even after the Sept 25th roster update?

I can't imagine he's the only one on the wrong team either
Seriously?? That's where we are at with this game? Hamonic is still on the Islanders roster??

Was thinking of buying this today but if the rosters are still that bad...I don't know. Maybe I'll wait for a competent roster update.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Ended up picking the game up anyway (because I'm a sucker). I downloaded the latest roster update (September 25), which is fairly accurate for the Canucks, but then I started franchise mode and the roster was different than the update. It still had guys like Upshall and Ryan White, who were released from the tryouts awhile ago.

Did the roster update not apply to Franchise Mode? In previous games it did.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Ended up picking the game up anyway (because I'm a sucker). I downloaded the latest roster update (September 25), which is fairly accurate for the Canucks, but then I started franchise mode and the roster was different than the update. It still had guys like Upshall and Ryan White, who were released from the tryouts awhile ago.

Did the roster update not apply to Franchise Mode? In previous games it did.

Did you set it to your default roster?

ToppsSmith

Oct 6, 2013
If you do an expansion team then it goes to default. If you do the classic it will have the new roster on it v

Reactions: edguy

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I'm trying to collect the mascots on the "threes"Don't have any ps4 friends that play nhl 18 and it says I need to play co op to add the Vancouver mascot. Any one that can hook me up? Thank you

Not even satire.. This about sums up everything that's wrong with EA NHL. Unless he added that you need to spend 1500 pucks or 10 dollars real life money to unlock.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's amazin how EA nuked the EASHL through the years. NHL18 is the final nail in the coffin. CPU way too much involved. D has been raped, somehow zero puck control and terrible passing engine is a recipe for success.

EA catered to the worst element of gamer. The cherrypicking deke master... yay hockey.

Everyone should not only be fired, but also beaten with reeds.

Reactions: Frosty415

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
NHL 18 soundtrack isn't playing for me anymore the last 4-5 times I've played? I checked settings and I haven't touched a thing before with the audio settings and the audio settings are all the way up and the soundtrack is on, it still won't play. Any help or anyone else getting this? In game commentary is fine and it still makes the clicking sounds and everything when I click on something or move the left stick in menu.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Is anyone else's game crashing all the time? I'm on Xbox One and literally 50% of the time I try to play franchise mode it just immediately crashes, so infuriating.

Reactions: edguy

dropdeadjoey

Oct 23, 2014
Ontario
My game crashes once in a while during franchise mode. It's rather frustrating so I recommend saving often.

There's an October roster update, puts the rosters to where they are now which is nice. They need to add the ability to use custom rosters in Expansion mode. Also not sure if anyone has noticed the merge roster button on the roster update scene, but that could be promising for those who like to add prospects for GM mode, if they fix that.

Mowman

Jan 17, 2017
My game crashes once in a while during franchise mode. It's rather frustrating so I recommend saving often.

There's an October roster update, puts the rosters to where they are now which is nice. They need to add the ability to use custom rosters in Expansion mode. Also not sure if anyone has noticed the merge roster button on the roster update scene, but that could be promising for those who like to add prospects for GM mode, if they fix that.

They will never allow custom rosters in expansion because a bunch of programming would need to go in to determine which players are protected and which aren't for the expansion draft.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Lol, Franchise Mode is unplayable. I tried to start up a new one with new rosters and all it does is crash during the the set up process.
How do they not test this shit before they release it???

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, mine has crashed once. It worked out though because the second time I ended up winning the draft lottery.

I am still unable to play online games other than EASHL though. EAHelp on Twitter said they'd get back to me, I replied a couple days ago asking for an update, and nothing :laugh:

I've literally done everything they suggested, and they even told me to contact my service provider, but it's literally only the NHL game doing it.

I had no issues with 17, and the first day of the 18 BETA everything worked, but since then? Can't play anything other than EASHL for any EA game

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Full sim superstar is too ******* hard man.

AI is a cheating bastard in this game on the higher difficulties.

Just finished a game in franchise where the AI had 5 goals on 13 shots and went goal for goal against me in the shootout until I missed and lost. I had 5 on 46 shots.

Not only that, over a two game stretch I put up over 60 shots and didn't score a single goal. One timers, cheese, deflections, nothing worked.

How the hell are you supposed to beat these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:? They can literally score at will it seems

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, mine has crashed once. It worked out though because the second time I ended up winning the draft lottery.

I am still unable to play online games other than EASHL though. EAHelp on Twitter said they'd get back to me, I replied a couple days ago asking for an update, and nothing :laugh:

I've literally done everything they suggested, and they even told me to contact my service provider, but it's literally only the NHL game doing it.

I had no issues with 17, and the first day of the 18 BETA everything worked, but since then? Can't play anything other than EASHL for any EA game

Have you tried buying a router? Me and my roommate figured out we had a gateway and went and bought a router and that worked.

On another note me and my eashl completely dominate, especially 3s. I’m a goal scoring machine. Only time we’ve lost is when were playing hammered lol

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Puck chop control change has completely thrown me for a loop. I really like the defensive skill stick, but it made me realize just how much I relied on the puck chop in previous games. Haven't gotten used to the new controls to use the puck chop with any sort of frequency in this game yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad