NHL 18 Information/Discussion Thread | Part II

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
During trial I was playing BAP on Vegas (2nd account not my main) and enjoying it. So I said what the hell why play in the CHL even tho I like it, just to go top 1-3 to PHI, NJ or some team I hate and just decided to pick Vegas.

So I started one last night on my main. And then I realized my number isn't right. Someone has 97 and I'm like how? I had it last time I played. David goddamn Clarkson is apparently wearing 97. Now I don't even remember him being on the team or playing at all last time. Maybe because it's pre-season? I don't know.

Wonder why that happened. I just hope he's sent down so I can wear my number. Doesn't help he's doing well to, ugh. Screw him.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
From the previous thread

Cloned Said
It's way way way WAY too easy to score in EASHL right now. Goalies can't stop anything.

I played a bunch of games as goalie last night and I'd say that goalie is easier in 18 than 17 ATM. In my club I think I posted an .835 sv% over 7 or 8 games. It was through a mix of 3's and 6's games.

They have definitely improved goalie from 17 to 18.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you're playing with Hybrid controls and keep getting penalties (Xbox), it's because X button is now Stick Lift and RB is poke check. Wish I could swap them.

Heaven forbid here in freakin' 2017 to actually allow for custom control schemes. :shakehead

First time not buying on release day since 2006, might not buy at all this year.

IronMosher

I R Sharks Fan
Aug 5, 2003
Waddletown, PA
Visit site
Heaven forbid here in freakin' 2017 to actually allow for custom control schemes. :shakehead

First time not buying on release day since 2006, might not buy at all this year.

I agree, but I've worked on many games in my past gaming career and it's really hard to test all the permutations someone could change their controls to. Although, I don't think it's really necessary because bugs could be adjusted on the fly. That's why every game now is online in some capacity so the developers can take metrics. When I was working at EA in 2015 I brought a huge bug up to the producer who moved to EA Shores and he had it fixed in a day.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

Release day is the 15th, you still have a chance!!!!

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Who the hell uses classic or Hybrid controls anyways? No idea why they're even an option. Tho I wish you could map the controls yourself

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Lord help me if they still have that one commentary bit for when the puck goes over the glass:

"and a young lady from Shawinigan appears to have gotten that one" (or something like that, I try to block it out)

Stupid in NHL 16, and they STILL recycled it for 17! Am I the only one who noticed that?

They will say it in a random game between Tampa and the Dallas Stars. Makes zero sense. How can the announcer even tell where she is from? Is she wearing a Shawinigan jersey at an NHL game? Why ?

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Well I went to pick up my pre order, only to find out its digital only.

Screw you EA, I'll just skip this years just like last years now.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lord help me if they still have that one commentary bit for when the puck goes over the glass:

"and a young lady from Shawinigan appears to have gotten that one" (or something like that, I try to block it out)

Stupid in NHL 16, and they STILL recycled it for 17! Am I the only one who noticed that?

They will say it in a random game between Tampa and the Dallas Stars. Makes zero sense. How can the announcer even tell where she is from? Is she wearing a Shawinigan jersey at an NHL game? Why ?

So, if I remember correctly, an old Detroit Tigers announcer used to do that bit where if a foul ball went into the stands, he'd say that a fan from a town/city in Michigan had got the ball. I guess Doc may have used it during his early broadcasting days in Michigan, so either the EA team or likely Doc himself decided to put into the game

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The GameStop employee told me I was getting a physical copy when I pre ordered a few weeks ago.

Yes, you'd get it on the 15th.

Only the digital deluxe young stars editions came out today.

Standard versions, both digital and standard, come out on the 15th

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Yes, you'd get it on the 15th.

Only the digital deluxe young stars editions came out today.

Standard versions, both digital and standard, come out on the 15th

I'm aware, my refund receipt says young stars edition.

Obviously the cashier was mistaken when I preordered.

notredame1228

Feb 18, 2015
Nhl 18 rookies ratings

I like to edit my rosters from day one can we get a list together of rookies potential,overall,player type and anything else you may think of for your team to help out others like me.

On a side note what rookies may need created that are not in game?

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
The GameStop employee told me I was getting a physical copy when I pre ordered a few weeks ago.

I mean it's definitely it's partly on you that you didn't know because it's pretty much everywhere the two young stars edition are digital.

However I also saw a few posts on Reddit about people saying the same about GameStop employees giving them false information that it is indeed a physical copy and that's wrong. Their employees should be aware and make sure they let people know or especially if they ask. Ridiculous.

A lot of people would of ordered it from NHL 17 screen and got the 10% discount otherwise or if they had EA Access gotten a 20% discount with them combined and saved themselves money.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I mean it's definitely it's partly on you that you didn't know because it's pretty much everywhere the two young stars edition are digital.

However I also saw a few posts on Reddit about people saying the same about GameStop employees giving them false information that it is indeed a physical copy and that's wrong. Their employees should be aware and make sure they let people know or especially if they ask. Ridiculous.

A lot of people would of ordered it from NHL 17 screen and got the 10% discount otherwise or if they had EA Access gotten a 20% discount with them combined and saved themselves money.

I agree. Who's going to waste their time going to a store if it's digital only?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad