Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Do u guys have any tips on how to beat AI D?

I keep running into cowards online who when on defence switch to a player away from the play and let the CPU take over . I have a really good record online I was even in the top 100 at one point in online versus but it seems like most of my losses are against people who let the CPU play D ?

You open up a can of whopp-ass and when you win pm them "nice try skillzoner"

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
You open up a can of whopp-ass and when you win pm them "nice try skillzoner"

When I lose to them I usually say "Not good enough to play your own D?"

I gotta figure out how to beat AI D. Hopefully someone here has tips.

AvsFanJosh

Aug 27, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
When I lose to them I usually say "Not good enough to play your own D?"

I gotta figure out how to beat AI D. Hopefully someone here has tips.
If your skating in on the rush and cant beat the d, just skate into a corner and pass the puck back to your d. You'll have the one timer option or start a cycle and open up some space.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
With HUT champions is there 2 separate rounds of season? As in first round of qualifying players play off? Then the second round? So only a max of 1500 per season? I know there was 2 qualifying rounds but wasn’t sure if the people who made in first have all week or they are done before the second set of 1500 players come in?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Has anyone looked at the top players from each HUT Champions season? It's literally filled with IP booters that have tons of DNF wins lol. Classic EA doesn't care about that but are quick to ban people who win giveaways and such.

With HUT champions is there 2 separate rounds of season? As in first round of qualifying players play off? Then the second round? So only a max of 1500 per season? I know there was 2 qualifying rounds but wasn’t sure if the people who made in first have all week or they are done before the second set of 1500 players come in?

No, just one season. The pool of 1,500 players from each qualifier, the top 250 from the previous Champions season, plus all Div 1 winners during the qualifying timespan are pooled together.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Just had a match where 90% of the faceoffs I took said, too late/too early, which is total crap. Does it have to do with connection strength? Has never been an issue before.

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
Hey guys so i recently started playing and have enough for stars of the month. I had two questions.
1. How do i see the active stars of the month? (Not sure if they are worth and if should hold onto them)
2. The TOTY coming out in the past could that potentially use stars of the month collectibles or nah?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Apparently position locking on the goalie is now a thing ....

What difficulty is the online AI? Feels like superstar because I can't f***ing win when someone position locks on goalie the AI is flawless and relentless .

Why are so many people hiding behind this position lock BS? Coward move if u ask me . If I wanted to play AI I would goto quick play .

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia

What difficulty is the online AI? Feels like superstar because I can't ****ing win when someone position locks on goalie the AI is flawless and relentless .

Why are so many people hiding behind this position lock BS? Coward move if u ask me . If I wanted to play AI I would goto quick play .
Just back out before the opening faceoff if you see the G next to their name in the pregame screen.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria

What difficulty is the online AI? Feels like superstar because I can't ****ing win when someone position locks on goalie the AI is flawless and relentless .

the same reason why many Play skill Zone and let their overpowered AI do all the D work.

They don't care about reality, they don't care about fun. It's all about the imagineable W to 1 more Trade pack or Gold Plus Pack.

If you want to win, that's how you have the best Chance. EA could easily help with that. Make CPU D worse and force them to Play every Position. Take out the Position log in HUT, makes no sense it's even possible to begin with and make the Goalies smarter. They suck with positioning. Most of the D to D 1T Goals are with the Goalie 2 feet out of the net moving into the wrong direction. Never seen that in reality.
Problem is, many of those loud children would cry how bad this all is and they can't score with their glitch Goals any more - they can't do much else. BUT they'd find different glitches and do it 100% of the time.

94 Chara was the worst that could happen to HUT in recent time.
If you want to win, you have to be prepared for TotY and go for them. Buy some Evos (already have more than enough Synergies to Need others) and go for Pucks. Keep them until then.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Just back out before the opening faceoff if you see the G next to their name in the pregame screen.

I know I always notice the G before the game but I tell myself "I've got this I'm gonnna win. "

Then halfway through the game I'm thinking "this is bullshit f*** the AI"

LOL

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Does anyone have a review on the 95 FB Heatley? I'm a collectible away from him so I'm really curious/excited.

Also, went 5-1 in HUT Champions (I don't know how, but I'm 19-3 in my last 22 online games in CS and currently sitting 7-0-1 in Div 1). I'm currently ranked #315 and no way I'm touching that. With only 1 hour and 50 minutes left I'm praying it's enough to snag an Evo.

There's also some sort of flaw in it where if you score the first goal, you can pass it back to your goalie behind the net and the AI won't attack the goalie. You can just sit on the game and get a super easy W.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
sold off my Team and now going with a cheap Team mainly of 90-91 Players. Still win my games and haven't had much time to Play. Was able to get only 2x Mini collectors pack from the Comp Season and got ruby Giroux and ruby Klingberg for my new Team. This feels like November all over again :laugh:

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Did anyone else pick up HS McD? I did, well worth the grind. He's tradable too, so if you missed out you can pick him up at the AH.

6 syns, 95 FO.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Did anyone else pick up HS McD? I did, well worth the grind. He's tradable too, so if you missed out you can pick him up at the AH.

6 syns, 95 FO.
I didn't notice that challenge until too late :(.

This game is a billion times easier with a good team. I was a combined like 4-8 in HUT Champions qualifiers never making it into one so I stopped playing online for a while and grinded out the 32 NHL offline challenge thing. Now have a team with almost all 90+ and 7 synergies, did the qualifier this week and went 3-0 with closest game being 4-0.

PavelBarry

Mar 13, 2018
So basically I do skillzone, I don't pick the D on a (2/3 vs 2) rush against. The reason isn't because I couldn't handle the rush, I've played a lot against the superstar AI and as a d in eashl. The reason is the second wave one-timer, which is a much better way to score than off the rush. And since everyone is playing overload these days you know it's coming. So I just try to pick up the nearest forward on a rush and go defend the second wave one-timer guy near the slot, because the AI really can't handle this guy from my experience.

So how do you score against the skillzone? Easy, you go around the net on a rush and pass either to the slot for the one timer, or to the D on the blue line and start cycling/shoot for the net. You might have to dangle some AIs on the way, but that's just fun. I think shooting off the rush and picking a corner with 99 overall Jagr is just really really boring and wrong way of playing the game, so I got no problem playing against skillzoners.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

6 syns, 95 FO.

I got him. Honestly, doesn’t feel as good as he should be to me. His speed isn’t impressing me as much as it should be.

I’ll probably keep him on my fourth line because of synergies and face offs.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Picked up Evo Horvat the other day for like 20K, figured he would make the Community Toty, went to a 93, really almost not worth it as you can get 93 Ovr for 20K haha

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
HUT Community TOTY:

99 Getzlaf
99 Panarin
99 Tarasenko
98 Forsberg
98 Pastrnak
97 Landeskog
97 Monahan
95 Zetterberg
94 Dadanov
93 Arvidsson
93 Horvat
90 Keller

95 Werenski
95 Chara
94 Green
93 Keith
91 Ekblad
90 Schultz

99 Fleury
99 Rask

All Evo's are updated. TOTY items and players can only be found in TOTY packs. There's a 5-set challenge that gives you a TOTY collectible as well as a TOTY CS.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Honestly player locking as goalie actually sounds kinda fun. In eashl you're basically just playing drop in games but at least in hut you really wanna win for a reason.

I understand people hate players who don't use their d or player lock because I hate that as well, but I would think player locking centre and goalie are different things, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad