Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
lol big deal you can have his ruby for 60,000

question is there anyway to mass quick sell your cards? i have 600 of them and its very tedious doing it one at a time

You do realize his EVO likely has better synergies and will definitely get upgrades still, right? He'll probably go to 97

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Man, some cards were my go-to just a month or two ago, but already suck because of how good everyone around them is getting. I changed my lineup some, and threw St. Louis back in (who was a 1st/2nd liner for me a couple of months ago), and it was awful. I tried out Modano, who I got in a pack (everyone had him in their top six near the start) and he was completely invisible. The ASG Tavares, which I see everyone rave about, got one goal in a 25-game stint for my club (and it went off the other team and in).

I lost a few games of HUT Champion qualifying because of it, but I'm currently hovering around ~550 with 40 minutes to go, so I'm all good.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I pulled an EVO Barzal in one of the choice packs and I'm going to sell him. Too many coins to pass up and I have EVO Getz and Seguin doing just fine.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like the idea of HUT Champions, I just hate that it's just another CS. It should have been 40 games and only Ws Count. You could not finish in the Top100 with a 8-0-0 record this way. I like the idea of having 2 CS going.
I'd like to even add a bit more like Tournaments or Silver/Bronze POs going on every other week. Make Silver and Bronze Cards have a meaning. A Silver tourney (PO style) with a good prize at the end would make it fun for me and adds to the game.

CS, HUT Champs, League 10-1 and Silver/Bronze Tournaments would be lots of stuff to do WITH Challenges. This way they could Keep the Overalls of Players lower than they are this year and having a 91 TotW Josi would be worth more than just a quicksell.

Reactions: nilssont

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Can someone explain the HUT champions to me? Do I want to place as high as possible in the qualifying? How many qualify? Do I get rewards for the qualifying rounds? Like a competive season?

HammerTime44

Flyers-Phillies-Packers-LH44
Feb 11, 2014
Philadelphia
Can someone explain the HUT champions to me? Do I want to place as high as possible in the qualifying? How many qualify? Do I get rewards for the qualifying rounds? Like a competive season?
If it's the same as the first one than the top 1250 qualify. All you get for the qualifying rounds is a collectible that you need to have in your possession to play that season of HUT champions. You can also win a division one title to qualify.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

There's three qualifying rounds, you need to place in the top 1,250 in at least one of them to qualify for HUT Champions Season 2. Your only reward, aside from the coins you get in any online game, is a HUT Champions collectible to get into the next season. No reward like a regular CS season.

In the actual HUT Champions season, the rewards are pretty enticing. #1 ranked gets a 99 card (all 99s across the board), and a ton of coins. As it lowers down, it's great packs and guaranteed good Evolution cards. If you finish outside of the top 500, no matter where, you get an Ultimate Pack which contains 40 gold+ players (can be anything from an 83 Koivu to ULGD Crosby to Evo Kucherov). Top 250 also gets a collectible for the next HUT Champions season.

So, my advice, qualify at all costs and at least get that Ultimate Pack, even if you go 0-5. I didn't find qualifying too hard. Remember, the best-of-the-best already have their collectible from Season 1 so they can't even compete. Then every round, it gets easier as 1,250 good players aren't competing anymore.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I didn't believe in ice tilt...until now.

My team was constantly 4.5/5 stars because of my backup goalie (BTOTW Carter Hart for synergies). I finally got Hossa, and was able to remove guys like FB Thornton, Evo Aho and FB Perry who were synergy plugs on the fourth line. I replaced them with 94 Hossa, 92 Jagr and 93 Oshie. I noticed this brought my stars up to 5/5.

I played two games in CS qualifying. The first game I lost 3-2. I had bad luck, but I didn't think anything of it, as it happens. The second game, however, I had never had a game like this before.

The guy wasn't that great. He gave up a lot of breakaways, I out-possessed him by over eight minutes, and he was bad at leaving guys open in the slot. I had a 3-2 lead in the third period, and was pretty confident I would win the game. Bobrovsky, who's usually really good for my team, let in an extremely weak goal. He had let in a pretty weak one earlier, so it was kind of annoying. Then he let in another pretty weak one, so this guy was leading 4-3. I turned up the pressure but nothing would work. There was one point where Crosby fed Hossa for a tap in and his goalie casually grabbed it. Open nets would be saved, one-timers in the slot would hit the post.

I threw Evo Aho in there and the team went back down to 4.5 stars. I immediately won two games with ease.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
There's three qualifying rounds, you need to place in the top 1,250 in at least one of them to qualify for HUT Champions Season 2. Your only reward, aside from the coins you get in any online game, is a HUT Champions collectible to get into the next season. No reward like a regular CS season.

In the actual HUT Champions season, the rewards are pretty enticing. #1 ranked gets a 99 card (all 99s across the board), and a ton of coins. As it lowers down, it's great packs and guaranteed good Evolution cards. If you finish outside of the top 500, no matter where, you get an Ultimate Pack which contains 40 gold+ players (can be anything from an 83 Koivu to ULGD Crosby to Evo Kucherov). Top 250 also gets a collectible for the next HUT Champions season.

So, my advice, qualify at all costs and at least get that Ultimate Pack, even if you go 0-5. I didn't find qualifying too hard. Remember, the best-of-the-best already have their collectible from Season 1 so they can't even compete. Then every round, it gets easier as 1,250 good players aren't competing anymore.

Thanks, I completed my 3 qualifying games, went 2-1 blew out the 2 opponents on my wins, and lost 7-6 to a pretty good player on my loss, and was ranked 300, so seems like it may not be that difficult to stay above 1250. I usually finish in the top 1800 in CS.

I had noticed that the prices had dropped quite a bit on the EVO players I assumed it was because we are getting closer to the TOTY and overalls are getting bigger across the board. I picked up my first EVO player off the market in Ghost, for only 140K, which surprised me because one would assume he makes a TOTY.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Some guy in CS champions didn't try the first half of the game and let me take a 3-0 lead. Then he proceeded to never let me touch puck again to win 7-3.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
now that TD will come to an end. what will be the new Season and Cards? Is it time for TotY that early? will they add something like better Ruby Cards (Ice -> Ruby -> Diamond or whatever).

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
now that TD will come to an end. what will be the new Season and Cards? Is it time for TotY that early? will they add something like better Ruby Cards (Ice -> Ruby -> Diamond or whatever).

No idea what will happen next, but toty won't be released until the ruby set runs out in two weeks.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I'd imagine there's another two week theme, and then TOTY in mid-March.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Man some people play so cheesy in this game.

Got the game last week when it was on sale 67% off, put like 10 bucks into packs so I didn't have to battle stacked teams with shit. My team is pretty damn good but I still go up against guys that have 4 lines as good as my top line. Poke checking seems OP in this version of the game, there are some games where I literally can't do anything before he takes the puck back from me. Lost 8-3 to a guy that would come down the side, hold the puck out to the side, if I played far enough back he would circle and rip it high glove side with a legend...scored three of his goals like that. If I tried to challenge him and not let him turn around, he fired two back door passes when I had a d-man in front to score twice like that. 5 goals from just holding it out to the side..frustrating.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Never completed a EVO set, have about 5 collectibles though, worth it? Or better to sell and hold out for TOTY?

I wouldn't do it.

The best Evo in the set is Fleury - 96 goalie. A little tempting, but a 96 goalie likely doesn't play much different than a 92 or 91 goalie (all goalies suck in this game lol). The next best is probably Stone, who's selling for 110k. The Carbon is gonna cost 85k alone, and there's a chance you get some of the lower-rated players in the set. Evo cards will lose value when TOTY comes this month and tons of them coming from HUT Champions every week.

My biggest mistake in HUT this year was completing the Evolution re-release set. I had the Gold Collectibles from Christmas, and sold some things to make it a carbon and get the collectibles. Ended up with Evo Aho while I probably spent enough to get a higher-end Evo.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I wouldn't do it.

The best Evo in the set is Fleury - 96 goalie. A little tempting, but a 96 goalie likely doesn't play much different than a 92 or 91 goalie (all goalies suck in this game lol). The next best is probably Stone, who's selling for 110k. The Carbon is gonna cost 85k alone, and there's a chance you get some of the lower-rated players in the set. Evo cards will lose value when TOTY comes this month and tons of them coming from HUT Champions every week.

My biggest mistake in HUT this year was completing the Evolution re-release set. I had the Gold Collectibles from Christmas, and sold some things to make it a carbon and get the collectibles. Ended up with Evo Aho while I probably spent enough to get a higher-end Evo.

Are you sure toty comes out march? Thought it was april! Saved a bit over 600k so pretty stoked :)

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
No idea what will happen next, but toty won't be released until the ruby set runs out in two weeks.

I'd imagine there's another two week theme, and then TOTY in mid-March.

not sure if they start with european league TotY to get 1 week to the community and Young guns TotY before coming up with D and O.
I wouldn't wait to start with it just because with the Hut Champs and how active Players currently are. Better to it now because usually the game will be dead until every TotY is out.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
How does one get this weeks flashback player? I don’t see a set that applies, or is it completing any of the flashback sets and get this weeks player? That Chara would look great on my D....

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
New 'Stars' themed. Trade in all of the stars players for your choice of a 99 overall - Laine, Jagr, Gaudreau, etc

How does one get this weeks flashback player? I don’t see a set that applies, or is it completing any of the flashback sets and get this weeks player? That Chara would look great on my D....

You complete the flashback set (4 flashback collectibles), the one that expires at 5pm tomorrow. You'll also get a master collectible, and if you don't plan on doing any of the sets, you can trade it in for a 25k pack

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Do u guys have any tips on how to beat AI D?

I keep running into cowards online who when on defence switch to a player away from the play and let the CPU take over . I have a really good record online I was even in the top 100 at one point in online versus but it seems like most of my losses are against people who let the CPU play D ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->