Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
My Xmas gift was Bourque with 2 NZ & 1 CW. Completely useless and his stats are brutal for a 92 overall. Don’t want to complain about free cards but I doubt that I’ll ever use him. Anyone out there have a lesser player that they love to use? Flashback Seabrook is great for me on the 3rd pairing. I also love my EVO Barkov the guy can do it all!

Victor Mete, 87 LD, I use as 4th line RW. He can fly and decent enough to survive against the stacked lineups. Can't really replace him for synergy reasons but he's been decent enough.

[HutDB] EASports NHL HUT Database

Reactions: Alberta Oilfire

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
God, this game is such a f***ing joke anymore. Superstar is 10 times worse than All-Madden used to be for Madden.

Outshot the computer 25-3 and dominated the entire time in OT. I lose in a shootout after the computer does the same f***ing move to score.

Such a joke. I remember when this franchise didn't cheat for the computer. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
God, this game is such a ****ing joke anymore. Superstar is 10 times worse than All-Madden used to be for Madden.

Outshot the computer 25-3 and dominated the entire time in OT. I lose in a shootout after the computer does the same ****ing move to score.

Such a joke. I remember when this franchise didn't cheat for the computer. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Playing against the AI has been painful on All-star/Superstar ever since NHL 13 and the implementation of the current skating system. The AI can abuse this to no end, when it carries the puck it looks nothing like what a real player would do, just responding to everyone on of your imputs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Current Team

Went for a full Finnish team, fun so far.

Still gotta upgrade some cards and try a different goalie, since Rinne doesn't seem to save any shots he should.

I've had Rinne since the beginning, first his base card, now his Ice version. He fits my synergies, but overall he's been a solid tender for me.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Looking for a good right handed shot, either wing or C, to replace my Ice Laine, any suggestions?

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Depends on what you already have. Personally I have MacKinnon on my 1st line RW, with Crosby and Kucherov. He's great. I am saving up for Evo Boeser though, he's right handed

I went with a TOTW 93 Kessel, very fast, very good shot, having him and Kuch with 99 speed on the wing with Crosby is pretty good.

I completed the set to get the all star Tavares, does anyone else use him? Crazy shooting stats, and isn’t slow like most Tavares in the game 92 speed. Has a lot of synergies as well, going to try him for a few games then see if I just want to keep trying to upgrade him through those all star sets

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I was planning on going through the set, because you end up with the 97 Voracek, 95 Sakic, 92 Bourque and 90 Tavares. However, I'm not sure it's really affordable for me since I found out you need the 92 Voracek and it is ~450,000

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
So I have just started out this month, I had scored a high card back in the fall and sold it and bought a bunch of decent players so as to have a decent team from the start(see older post).
I got some christmas cards and made a few pick ups of my own and have gone 10 in a row, now obviously just in div 7 now. But I went with x2 team synergies for S and TN, the team is fast! I also chose centers with high faceoff skills and I am hanging with all these superstar teams, its been a ton of fun. I have been scoring huge as well, good times.
Here it is: https://hutdb.net/18/builder/1104095

Price has been outstanding, mad agile saves. I'm having fun. So far 16-9 and I am not rich by any means as far as coins go haha.

Last edited:

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If anyone is debating whether to complete the ASG set - do it. For sure.

Voracek is a beast. Great speed to begin with, plus activating RS gets him way up there. In his second game in Div 1 online for me, he scored 4g 1a in the first period alone.

Sakic is also awesome. 95 overall, fast, great shot and 95 face-offs. Probably one of the best C's in the game.

Bourque, I haven't had a chance to utilize enough yet. But with all 91+ in skating stats, plus 99 shooting across the board, you can't go wrong. He's gonna be amazing on the PP.

It won't even cost you a lot of coins. The 92 Voracek you should be able to get around 150k tomorrow. The collectibles should be about 5k each. The 15 or so collectibles would probably cost around 75k. So, 225k for all of that.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Anyone on Xbox interested in EVO Ovechkin? Tempted to move him, but not desperately trying to do so.

I need a major upgrade for a RH shot on defense but also need to make sure whoever else I get won't cause an ISS with my synergies.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Got 4 team synergies now, S TN LL AA, also as an oiler fan I’m loving the Gagner/Pulju flashback/forward this week. The gagner is actually pretty dominant with good faceoffs

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Love the Ruby cards added. I snagged Tavares at only 150k. Last I saw, he's up to 225k.

Tempted to sell, but he'd make a great first line RW next to EVO Crosby and EVO Ovechkin...

I may snag Ruby Patty Kane. Shocked his price is so LOW; but I bet it's because his synergies won't really help HIM much.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Love the Ruby cards added. I snagged Tavares at only 150k. Last I saw, he's up to 225k.

Tempted to sell, but he'd make a great first line RW next to EVO Crosby and EVO Ovechkin...

I may snag Ruby Patty Kane. Shocked his price is so LOW; but I bet it's because his synergies won't really help HIM much.

I hate it. 29 different types of cards now, and more coming.
Gamemode is ruined.
Also, I wouldnt invest too much in the ruby cards. Toty is right around the corner and after that prices drop like crazy

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I hate it. 29 different types of cards now, and more coming.
Gamemode is ruined.
Also, I wouldnt invest too much in the ruby cards. Toty is right around the corner and after that prices drop like crazy

EA messed up by making player overalls too low at the beginning. Like, really messed up.

For example, the flashback Heatley was supposed to be a beast. 95 overall with an insane shot. Very difficult to get, however, having to complete 20 Flashback sets. However, by the time most people get him (which should be in the next couple of weeks unless you already got one by doing the Flashback 4 hour cool down), 95 isn't that impressive.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
EA messed up by making player overalls too low at the beginning. Like, really messed up.

For example, the flashback Heatley was supposed to be a beast. 95 overall with an insane shot. Very difficult to get, however, having to complete 20 Flashback sets. However, by the time most people get him (which should be in the next couple of weeks unless you already got one by doing the Flashback 4 hour cool down), 95 isn't that impressive.

Your statement seems sort of back-wards. If they had made them higher, wouldn't way too many players be in that 95-99 range by now, considering the sheer amount of special cards we've seen this year, thus diluting their value, and the end of the day, the overalls go no higher than 99. Further limiting the uniqueness of having a 95 overall?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Your statement seems sort of back-wards. If they had made them higher, wouldn't way too many players be in that 95-99 range by now, considering the sheer amount of special cards we've seen this year, thus diluting their value, and the end of the day, the overalls go no higher than 99. Further limiting the uniqueness of having a 95 overall?

Well, my point was trying to get at EA needing to create Ice/Ruby cards to bring up player overalls because the online gameplay was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad