Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I've gotten worse at this game the more I play. Try to pass to slot for oneT, goes to covered point. try to pass point to point, goes to covered slot player. Went from Div 3 to 5, lost like 12 of last 15 games.

Going to take break and play Horizon. :laugh:

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Used to be ranked top 200, even top 100 several years ago. Not too many guys did that. Around NHL 14 I noticed most players did that because they were inept to playing defense so they resorted to playing (and even back when you could player lock [haven't played much to know if you can still do it]) with one player while the AI defended. Ive always thought that was a cowardice and weak move. That's what led me to stop playing. I'd lose games to kids who would message me afterwards or just basically make the game miserable who would get outplayed as their AI would constantly bail them out.

It's been a couple years since I've played so all these 90+ rated cards has probably made it worse. I remember the first couple years of this mode being the greatest thing in a video game. Training and fitting under the cap while trying out trios of high chemistry lines brought variety to the mode. Sorry to hear people still play with one player while you play the CPU. Thats no fun.

It's becoming a very common thing . I'd say about 20 percent of the people I've played use this "tactic".

I agree it's a coward move . They're not good enough on D so they let the CPU take over .

Maco

May 15, 2017
I know someone said that 86-92 overall goalies barely have a difference, but I feel that a lot of stacked teams, with 92 overalls on their fourth line, still have guys like Rinne, Price and Holtby in goal. Very rarely face a Brodeur even though he's the highest overall goalie I think? Not too expensive either.

My 90 overall Giguere has started letting everything in recently. Won the 1st div twice in a row and now lost a game 10-3 after facing 17 shots on goal, so Giguere had an amazing 7 saves. Never lost that bad to anyone and I tried to play the game as if it was 0-0 throughout.

Is it just bad luck or do goalies get worse over time? I understand people want EVO's for goalies as well, but are they already better than the legend cards even though their overalls are still worse? Perhaps I've gotten worse or my players just aren't good enough. I have 86-87 overalls on 3rd and fourth. 88-92 overalls on 1st and 2nd. Defense around 87-90 and silky smooth, TN, FS and BM activated.

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
I know someone said that 86-92 overall goalies barely have a difference, but I feel that a lot of stacked teams, with 92 overalls on their fourth line, still have guys like Rinne, Price and Holtby in goal. Very rarely face a Brodeur even though he's the highest overall goalie I think? Not too expensive either.

My 90 overall Giguere has started letting everything in recently. Won the 1st div twice in a row and now lost a game 10-3 after facing 17 shots on goal, so Giguere had an amazing 7 saves. Never lost that bad to anyone and I tried to play the game as if it was 0-0 throughout.

Is it just bad luck or do goalies get worse over time? I understand people want EVO's for goalies as well, but are they already better than the legend cards even though their overalls are still worse? Perhaps I've gotten worse or my players just aren't good enough. I have 86-87 overalls on 3rd and fourth. 88-92 overalls on 1st and 2nd. Defense around 87-90 and silky smooth, TN, FS and BM activated.
I have 91 Bob & 91 Cujo and it seems completely random how they play. I started switching between the two and they definitely don’t play as bad as much if that makes any sense.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's becoming a very common thing . I'd say about 20 percent of the people I've played use this "tactic".

I agree it's a coward move . They're not good enough on D so they let the CPU take over .

Absolutely.

I haven't seen it much so far, but I only got the game a week ago and and only as far as Div. 7.

Last year in Div 1/Div 2 I would say I went up against a player like using what the online community calls "Skill-zone D" at least 50% of the time.

Guys who use this tactic, if you can call it that, just as well name their teams "I'm Garbage" because if you need to use it to defend, it's like saying to your opponent I absolutely stink at this game, am willing to let the CPU play half the game for me, just so I have a better chance at winning an online video game.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So is every team stacked? I haven't played this mode regularly in 2-3 years and I see you can get Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, etc about 10 times over compared to Malkin, Crosby, etc in the past.

Do things sell on the auction house or is it more of a play to win atmosphere where coins are mainly made through packs?

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So is every team stacked? I haven't played this mode regularly in 2-3 years and I see you can get Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos, etc about 10 times over compared to Malkin, Crosby, etc in the past.

Do things sell on the auction house or is it more of a play to win atmosphere where coins are mainly made through packs?

Most teams are stacked, at least when you get to Div 3-4. Base Crosby, Malkin, etc are all pretty cheap this year (even the Legends are) as the Evolution cards are taking over.

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I haven't spent any real currency this year, (minus buying the game).
My pack luck has been better than any other year but still not super awesome.
I've been pulling alot of old guys,
Rolston, Neidermayer and Heatley.
Those are pretty much the only notables.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
This game is really becoming unplayable online for me. Every 3-4 games I get disconnected from the EA servers and lose. I’m in Division 1 so it’s hard to win/stay in with automatic losses adding up

Alberta Oilfire

Jun 4, 2010
Central Alberta
I won a game yesterday and never got the win or coins for it. EA needs to figure that out.....
Anyone excited for evolution Thursday? My buddy pulled an Evolution Ovie back in November from a normal Gold Plus pack right after 5pm eastern on whatever Thursday it came out on. I honestly think that’s is the time to get a pack or two and try. I have 3 EVO’s on my team, pretty sure they will all move up Quick, Draisaitl & Hall. Any teams out there stacked with Evolution cards?

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
This game is really becoming unplayable online for me. Every 3-4 games I get disconnected from the EA servers and lose. I’m in Division 1 so it’s hard to win/stay in with automatic losses adding up

Might be an issue on your end only had it happen to me 2 times all year

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Played a lot early on, pulled Stamkos, Kane, Keith base cards as my best.
Got a legend MSL shortly after and freaked out, not a single 85+ since.
Luckily looks like prices on bases have tanked, picked up Seguin pretty cheap,
built the faceoff Toews. Team is a lot better than past years but I haven't had the time to play much.

Maco

May 15, 2017
Sold an evo Blake Wheeler for 230k last week. Just before he bumped from 89 overall to 92. Probably the worst sell in HUT history?

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sold an evo Blake Wheeler for 230k last week. Just before he bumped from 89 overall to 92. Probably the worst sell in HUT history?

I likely sold my Ovechkin EVO too early. I got EVO Laine, EVO Burns and Bure for the one. Probably could've gotten more, but Burns / Laine will likely even get 95+ so it works out in the long run.

All good since I still have the other one.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So I'm working off base cards alone and I've got this going for me:

Hall - Getzlaf - Pastrnak
Simmonds - Giroux - Voracek
Palat- E. Staal - Namestnikov
Kunitz - Dubinsky - Callahan

Suter - Stralman
Sekera - Larsson
Phaneuf - Girardi

Bishop
Rinne

Pulled Rinne in a collectible trade in. Anybody have any tips on getting pucks? I used to do the 59th minute and worked the market in previous years but with all these sets and different cards it's been a bit confusing. Do most people just buy pucks and open packs or do people actually trade on the auction house?

Can't believe how cheap these base cards are. Ovi, Crosby, Toews, etc. Even the legends. Now if only I could start making pucks...

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Holy. Ice cards out. Base player + gold collectible = ice version. Gudreau for example jumps from 86 to 93. Karlsson from 89 to 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad