Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Trying to decide what to do with the millions (OK, maybe not millions, but a lot) of Prime Time and Milestone Collectibles I have.

I'm trying to envision a week later in the year where most of the players you can get from that set would be high rated.

Don't really know where their price is going to go. Seems pretty unpredictable.

On a related note, I find it hilarious that the challenges for the milestone and prime time collectibles are harder than the challenges for the EVO collectibles. I'm not wasting my time grinding for a prime time collectible based on the objectives of those challenges.

Donate to me, pls.

Kidding lol.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So it happened again to me on CS.

I was winning 4-1 in the second . The other guy quits out of frustration and I don't receive the W.

That's back to back wins where I get nothing.

I think I've had it with competitive seasons . I've played 14 games and two of my wins resulted in nothing. What a joke.

Is this a regular issue on CS? I know another poster mentioned it happened to him. Funny, it never happens when I lose only when I win. Go figure EA.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Team of the Week challenged are pretty good. If you 3 star them all you'll finish with a bronze, silver and totw collectable

Apr 4, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Sooo........ what's with goalies not stopping any pucks in CS???? 3 games in a row the goalies give up almost every shot. They aren't even moving.

I actually noticed this last night as well. I think i lost 3 straight games and gave up over 5 goals in every game on like 11 shots each. First i thought it was my Quick not playing well so i put in Holtby and same thing.

I couldn't tell you the last time i've lost 3 straight games in an NHL game. Seemed like the other teams had a majority of just base players as well compared to my team full of EVO's Legends and Flashbacks. Needless to say i was a bit infuriated last night and almost spiked a controller into the ground.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
The Team of the Week challenged are pretty good. If you 3 star them all you'll finish with a bronze, silver and totw collectable
Even though they are all All-Star, this was the first daily set that I couldn't 1-shot the final. Busy work day today means I probably won't get more chances, but I played the Capitals (final) challenge a few times and got pasted. Only star I was able to get was the minute of attack in a shootout loss. Just upgraded in goal and Brodeur looked just awful in there, too.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I actually noticed this last night as well. I think i lost 3 straight games and gave up over 5 goals in every game on like 11 shots each. First i thought it was my Quick not playing well so i put in Holtby and same thing.

I couldn't tell you the last time i've lost 3 straight games in an NHL game. Seemed like the other teams had a majority of just base players as well compared to my team full of EVO's Legends and Flashbacks. Needless to say i was a bit infuriated last night and almost spiked a controller into the ground.

My team isn't that stacked, but it isn't bad either. I'm also scoring from wrist shots at the blue line with no traffic. It isn't just going against me. But I seem to lose every game. It isn't fun to play when the game acts like this. I don't want to have to worry about being in ABSOLUTELY PERFECT positioning. I need my goalie to at least make a few saves. It is especially frustrating with how terrible switching between players is this year.

Opposing player cuts to the slot?? The game decides to switch me to all of my players on the perimeter instead of the D-man in front of the net who also isn't in position to block the shot. It just isn't fun.

I don't know if this was part of their patch or not, but it's awful

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Looking for some suggestions to improve my line-up.

Heatley - McDavid (Rookie) - Draisaitl
Hall - Giroux - Nylander
Hoffman - Getzlaf - Radulov
Forsberg - Matthews - Larkin

Pronger - Karlsson
Hedman - Faulk
Werenski - Schultz

Schneider

Running Rocket Skates, Dangler Zone, Fine Shooting, and Thread the Needle synergies.

Hard to replace McDavid with a higher rated version when I’m using all 3 synergies with him. Nylander is one of my best players, even for only being an 85 overall. Getzlaf and Giroux are ok, but I mostly have them just for their face-off ratings. Werenski is another one I’m only keeping for his synergies right now, while I have Suter and OEL on the bench.

Mostly looking for replacements for Radulov, Matthews, Larkin, Faulk and Schultz.

Not a lot of coins on hand right now, mostly tied up in collectables. So looking for some cheap upgrades right now but maybe some more expensive ones in the future.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Can anyone please give me some tips on how to draw penalties? Its for the final evo challenge and i cant draw anything!

I got lucky and drew one while firing a ton of shots at net. The most success you’ll have, though, is by getting close to the AI and playing keepaway in the neutral zone. They’ll eventually start hooking but it might take a while to actually draw one.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
I got lucky and drew one while firing a ton of shots at net. The most success you’ll have, though, is by getting close to the AI and playing keepaway in the neutral zone. They’ll eventually start hooking but it might take a while to actually draw one.
I personnaly keepaway in my own zone, I'll try neutral zone. I can take me two games before I draw anything, really frustrating.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I'm just not going to upgrade my team until really needed. As soon as I do, I play far better/deeper teams and hardly win - it feels sluggish to play with a better roster.

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Is it me, or have faceoffs become much harder against the AI at the Pro level? I was at a point where I was consistently winning them at that level but now I'm winning maybe 20%.

My top centers are Bergeron and Toews, so faceoff ratings aren't the issue...

natephil

Feb 13, 2010
I just opened a pack and pulled a 93 Mike Bossy and don't know the value of him.

I don't really play much so I'm not sure of strategy here but what should I be selling him for value wise, and when I sell him, what should I be looking to use that coin on?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I just opened a pack and pulled a 93 Mike Bossy and don't know the value of him.

I don't really play much so I'm not sure of strategy here but what should I be selling him for value wise, and when I sell him, what should I be looking to use that coin on?

Just go to the market and see what he's currently going for.

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
So now I have 3 FB Kurti and I wonder if I should sell them now or wait. I think they will increase in value like the Gaborik (not as much though) because it's a pretty good card with one point in TN. What do you guys think?

I also noticed that faceoff seems harder since the new patch... We didn't need that.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Is it me, or have faceoffs become much harder against the AI at the Pro level? I was at a point where I was consistently winning them at that level but now I'm winning maybe 20%.

My top centers are Bergeron and Toews, so faceoff ratings aren't the issue...

So now I have 3 FB Kurti and I wonder if I should sell them now or wait. I think they will increase in value like the Gaborik (not as much though) because it's a pretty good card with one point in TN. What do you guys think?

I also noticed that faceoff seems harder since the new patch... We didn't need that.

Not just you. Faceoffs are ridiculous now. The timing is so random it seems. And I have great centers too.

25 shots against Superstar?! Come on, EA..

EXTREMELY frustrating to do. It's not easy. You have to result to ridiculous thing to either extend the game and shit.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
It seems like everytime I play someone high ranked online , their defensive tactic is switching to one position when they don't have the puck and let the CPU take over the rest. They don't switch to the nearest player the CPU takes care of it for them .

I find this bush league and the annoying thing is it's clearly working ...

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
As long as there is no lag you can get past the CPU pretty easily but when the game is choppy it definitely works more often then not

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
EA has to fix their damn matchmaking in CS.

Spent a good portion of the day trying to get into the Top 100 (currently something like 130), played like 8 games, they were ALL against people ranked like ~5000, got like 6 points per win, lol. Basically, I started the day ranked 85, I actually played games, didn't lose a single game, and dropped 50 ranking spots.

And I'm sure those other players loved playing someone ranked in the top 200 too.

Ugh, this isn't good or fair for anybody.

How the matchmaking should work is that you should never be able to win or lose more than ~60 points per game. I'd be willing to wait 5 minutes to find a game instead of wasting 20 minutes playing a game where my reward is 5 points.

As it stands, ranking high is as much skill as it is pure luck that you actually get matched up with people fairly close to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad