Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 18 HUT Thread (All HUT talk goes here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Not looking to start a debate, but it shouldn't be frustrating at all. I find zero fun in trying to play all 5 skaters, and would rather work on positioning for the one role I'd like to play. Nothing stopping my opponent from doing the same thing if they want to.

Just for reference here, are you guys both PS4? Because on XB1 I cannot find a means of doing position lock.

I'm XB1. It's extremely frustrating because of how EA lets the AI's cheat.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Not trying to be rude, but if you want to play one position, play EASHL or start a BAP career.

XB1

I agree 100% . It shouldnt even be an option, unless you wanna play keeper.

Blending your one player in with the relentless CPU to obtain wins is ridiculous. Congratulations on using 20 percent of the team to win... Its called "online play" for a reason. You wanna play against people, not 80 percent CPU and one other guy.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
So much for not starting a debate. The expectation to be able to effectively play all 5 skaters is absurd. Again, the option is there for both players, so if you prefer top play all 5 guys frenetically, go for it. It's not a reasonable sim of a hockey game, but that's your call.

I prefer focusing on my position and either getting in a spot for a high-chance shot, or passing off to an open player. I don't particularly enjoy fumble-fingering while trying to quickly get a shot off or panic-passing to my opponent because I'm looking at the guy who had the puck a half second earlier.

I play HUT because I like HUT. Maybe if you don't like HUT it's not me who needs to find a different mode. I'm currently working to deal with learning to play all 5 without complaining about it - but if the option is still there for me to go back to position lock, I'm certainly going to take it.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
So much for not starting a debate. The expectation to be able to effectively play all 5 skaters is absurd. Again, the option is there for both players, so if you prefer top play all 5 guys frenetically, go for it. It's not a reasonable sim of a hockey game, but that's your call.

I prefer focusing on my position and either getting in a spot for a high-chance shot, or passing off to an open player. I don't particularly enjoy fumble-fingering while trying to quickly get a shot off or panic-passing to my opponent because I'm looking at the guy who had the puck a half second earlier.

I play HUT because I like HUT. Maybe if you don't like HUT it's not me who needs to find a different mode. I'm currently working to deal with learning to play all 5 without complaining about it - but if the option is still there for me to go back to position lock, I'm certainly going to take it.

It shouldn't be an option in versus play. People want to play against a human, not human and the CPU AI. Or at least give people the option to avoid playing against position lockers.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
As soon as I make my roster better I lose 3 games in a row. I go back to my old shitty roster and I win 3 games in a row.

Hmmmmm

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Anyone who uses position lock...well I can't really finish that sentence or I'll get in trouble.

Anyone who uses it, basically admits they aren't good enough at this game.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So I completed the Milestone collection today and what do I pull? f***ing Nathan Walker, rated 76 overall. What a joke.

Anywho, I'm gonna start playing competitive seasons now. I don't know what it is or how it's different then regular online hut play but I guess I'll figure it out !

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Not looking to start a debate, but it shouldn't be frustrating at all. I find zero fun in trying to play all 5 skaters, and would rather work on positioning for the one role I'd like to play. Nothing stopping my opponent from doing the same thing if they want to.

Just for reference here, are you guys both PS4? Because on XB1 I cannot find a means of doing position lock.
that's what BaP or EASHL is for.
I tried to become a good LW but there are so many more good Players than I am. I'm a good 2Way Player but nothing Special. Have chemistry with my Forward teammate(s) and that's what pumps my stats.

Still think this Option shouldn't be available in HUT. Play all positions and CPU AI should be much worse in HUT.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
So I completed the Milestone collection today and what do I pull? ****ing Nathan Walker, rated 76 overall. What a joke.

Anywho, I'm gonna start playing competitive seasons now. I don't know what it is or how it's different then regular online hut play but I guess I'll figure it out !
It's the same. you just get ranked and get rewards. Last round I was a bit lazy and finshed in the 1000-2000s and pulled a Karlsson in the pack I got for it. In round 1 I got a Keith out of that lousy Gold Pack I got.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Not trying to be rude, but if you want to play one position, play EASHL or start a BAP career.

XB1

I lost to a position lock G in HUT. Didn't see it was position lock in time to quit. He had stacked team and I'm not good enough to defend against AI that's on full aggressive.

I wasted about 100k in pucks on packs and got nothing. Should have just bought a player for 100k. Now my puck total is down to 275k, I basically ruined all that saving due to thinking one of these special packs might actually land me something.

My team is pretty basic overall, all basic gold rare + 2 rookie cards. Have a few synergies active (S and a couple single player affecting ones)

Tavares 87 - Toews 87 - Hall 86
McDavid 85 (rookie) - Kopitar 87 - Gaudreau 86
Oshie 85 - Duchene 84 - Galchenyuk 85 (rookie)
Hoffman 85 - Zetterberg 85 - Radulov 85

Doughty 88 - Keith 87
Letang 86 - Josi 86
Faulk 85 - Vlasic 85

Lundqvist 86

Last edited:

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Anyone gotten any Halloween cards yet?

That 90 Chara is beasttttty looking..tho 500k

EVO cards are going up, them Mallon And Subbans are expensive 200-350k...Laine and Matthews 400 plus.

Wish I had Laine..Haven't got Malkin or Subban yet either but have all the others.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
My clubs been on a roll lately , I went 21-3-1 throughout a 25 game stretch. However, I've now lost two straight.

I'm getting pretty close to selling Price. He has an 18-4 record with me, but he has played rather inconsistent and I don't give up lots of shots. He's been good but not good enough and I'd rather have the 30k or whatever he's worth.

I'm trying to save up for the Milestone McDavid (91) , which costs 200k*but it's hard for me, because I'm so tempted to just settle and buy a Tarasenko or Stamkos for cheaper . My top line of Panarin Toews Kane has been amazing but my 2nd line of Hall Matthews Marner is struggling mostly because Marner is dragging the line down.

Has anyone used Matthews at RW here ? Thoughts ? I don't wanna put him and McDavid as my top two centres as they both have bad faceoff ratings. And I have no interest of splitting up Panarin Toews Kane. Can't wait to get that 91 McDavid his speed and agility are ridiculous !! And rightly so .

Last edited:

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
My clubs been on a roll lately , I went 21-3-1 throughout a 25 game stretch. However, I've now lost two straight.

I'm getting pretty close to selling Price. He has an 18-4 record with me, but he has played rather inconsistent and I don't give up lots of shots. He's been good but not good enough and I'd rather have the 30k or whatever he's worth.

I have Price, I got him from a season title so I can't sell him. So far, I'm under the impression he's not as good as my 86ov Schneider... I wish I could sell him, now I feel oblige to make him play because it's one of the rare good pull I got. Why did it have to be a goalie !

On another note, I invested all my money in Flashback collectibles... here's hoping I'll be able to re-sell them for a good profit... otherwise, I just lost 400k :P.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I have Price, I got him from a season title so I can't sell him. So far, I'm under the impression he's not as good as my 86ov Schneider... I wish I could sell him, now I feel oblige to make him play because it's one of the rare good pull I got. Why did it have to be a goalie !

On another note, I invested all my money in Flashback collectibles... here's hoping I'll be able to re-sell them for a good profit... otherwise, I just lost 400k :P.

The flashback collectibles are a guaranteed good investment. You can sell the individual flashback players, or even if you keep them they’re 90 overall plus a master collectible. One you have 15 of them you can get the 95 overall Heatley with crazy synergies, 97-99 slapshot and wristshots

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
So I'm play CS and I just won a very tough game and at the end of the game it doesn't show me leveling up it just pauses then cuts to the exit menu. I then am back at the main menu and the game never counted ?

Anyone have this happen to them? Very frustrating I just beat a really tough opponent for nothing.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
So I'm play CS and I just won a very tough game and at the end of the game it doesn't show me leveling up it just pauses then cuts to the exit menu. I then am back at the main menu and the game never counted ?

Anyone have this happen to them? Very frustrating I just beat a really tough opponent for nothing.
Happened to me in the last round. I ended up getting +4 Points for the W.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Trying to decide what to do with the millions (OK, maybe not millions, but a lot) of Prime Time and Milestone Collectibles I have.

I'm trying to envision a week later in the year where most of the players you can get from that set would be high rated.

Don't really know where their price is going to go. Seems pretty unpredictable.

On a related note, I find it hilarious that the challenges for the milestone and prime time collectibles are harder than the challenges for the EVO collectibles. I'm not wasting my time grinding for a prime time collectible based on the objectives of those challenges.

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Sooo........ what's with goalies not stopping any pucks in CS???? 3 games in a row the goalies give up almost every shot. They aren't even moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad