NHL 18 Generated Player Odd Names

OregonCanuck

Dec 26, 2017
Bend, OR
73FCE09B-026B-4AC9-8B5F-D382BD5BA8A2.jpeg .

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
Lee Li which was a forward from the USA if i remember correctly!

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I almost want to go get a PS4 and the latest EA NHL. Of course if I do the new PS5 or whatever it’s named will be on it’s way to the market.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
Oh man I've found some funny ones, I think I saved some screenshots I'll have to check. One guy had "lol" in his name, NHL 17 though.

Got one of these the other day and wish I took a picture of it. It was something like Jonathan Jer lol, I swear. The lol wasn't capitalized and it was part of a two-word last name.

That would make a cool storyline. Like the 2nd generation (the kids of Datsyuk etc) coming through the pipeline

Funny you mention that. I kind of always imagine that there are siblings once you get to generated names. Like, I've drafted a D man named Chris Zanetti and two years later, his brother Erik Zanetti pops up as a playmaker C. They're brothers.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I'm not far along and none of mine compare to some you guys are posting, especially from previous years' games...

But I did get:

I. Brain - Enforcer (Ian)

R. Rabbit (Ronald, sadly!)

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I drafted Chinese super stud Ray Brashear in 2023 once. Be a GM is unplayable after year 5 lmao.
Wonder if he knows my 96 overall winger Harry Pope from Kazakhstan.

Sometimes in the late rounds of the draft I'll just pick the most ridiculous sounding name and hope I strike gold. The broken name generator sometimes keeps things interesting.

GrnEggsNHam

Mar 10, 2015
I kind of always imagine that there are siblings once you get to generated names. Like, I've drafted a D man named Chris Zanetti and two years later, his brother Erik Zanetti pops up as a playmaker C. They're brothers.

I do, and noticed, the same thing bahahahaha! Maybe there is actually something to this ;)

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
This is one of the reasons i haven't play be a gm in like forever, a guy called Brad yzerman from North korea is the top guy before the draft, ok...... at least organize the names, how hard could it even be to select fore and surname for each country to make a newgen list, and then have a ranking from hockey tradition, fx Canada Russia Sweden US most probably.

Reactions: Deku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad