OT: NHL 18 Discussion

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Not buying this game. The game developers have totally made me lose interest. Just not a game worth buying anymore considering the little work they do on game play.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I remember having a lot of fun with the old EASHL team from like 6-7 years ago. Not sure I'd be around to play it much now though.

I'm enjoying the game so far.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
First NHL I haven't bought in my life since I started video games... Blows my mind I won't own an NHL as it's been such a yearly thing but the game just doesn't interest me anymore.. It's the same thing every year.

Yes.. yes.. I understand some changes, but generally the gameplay is the same and I'm bored of it... Shut the demo off after 1 period.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
First NHL I haven't bought in my life since I started video games... Blows my mind I won't own an NHL as it's been such a yearly thing but the game just doesn't interest me anymore.. It's the same thing every year.

Yes.. yes.. I understand some changes, but generally the gameplay is the same and I'm bored of it... Shut the demo off after 1 period.

I wish I could do same. This is the only game that I really play anymore so it made sense for me to buy.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
I had to buy it, even if I told myself I wouldnt, I ended up buying it.

I have to admit that I enjoy it more than 17 so far. The Three's is fun, the expansion draft franchise mode with a 32nd team is also pretty cool.

the overall ratings went down alot with just one 90 this year which is Crosby, McDavid is a 89, so is Price. Bought $20 worth of packs in HUT and got a few decent players. Dont know but since the ratings are alot closer, if you get a player of 85 or above, is pretty decent. Got Seguin(87) Matthews(86), Nylander(85)Vlasic(85) in one pack. I dont know if they made it easier to get some of the better players because of lowering ratings but it works.

Anyways, not as bad as I thought so far. My only complain is that they didnt update the jersey numbers in every mode. In the Three's mode, Drouin is 92 but in Franchise mode he's 72.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

I've played NHL 94, 96, and all the games from 98 to '17...

While 3vs3 seems like a lot of fun, there is NO WAY I am shelling 80$ for this game... After the numerous years where they removed features, messed up gameplay, or made me full price for what should have been a roster update, I am done. Might pick it up for casual 3vs3 with my brother when I find it for 30$, but not before then.

I'm actually thinking of moving to PC altogether, since NHL was pretty much the only game that made me keep gaming on a console since they don't have a PC version anymore.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I wish I could do same. This is the only game that I really play anymore so it made sense for me to buy.

If you aren't on a club yet you are welcome to come play with me and a couple other guys. (Ive played with you on HFHabs clubs in the past couple years. My psn is scrowe21)

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I haven't played in so long, it would definitely feel new even if minor changes over the years. Just don't think I have the time right now.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I had to buy it, even if I told myself I wouldnt, I ended up buying it.

I have to admit that I enjoy it more than 17 so far. The Three's is fun, the expansion draft franchise mode with a 32nd team is also pretty cool.

the overall ratings went down alot with just one 90 this year which is Crosby, McDavid is a 89, so is Price. Bought $20 worth of packs in HUT and got a few decent players. Dont know but since the ratings are alot closer, if you get a player of 85 or above, is pretty decent. Got Seguin(87) Matthews(86), Nylander(85)Vlasic(85) in one pack. I dont know if they made it easier to get some of the better players because of lowering ratings but it works.

Anyways, not as bad as I thought so far. My only complain is that they didnt update the jersey numbers in every mode. In the Three's mode, Drouin is 92 but in Franchise mode he's 72.

$20 on HUT. Sheesh. That's why the game is hardly improving. Why working on the game if people buy the game and invest in this crap card collection thing every single year ?

Personally I think the fact that they sell this year's update $80 is outrageous.

The franchise needs a new dev team or at least a new leader/producer.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I remember the glory days with Watsatheo, LL, Pine, Jack Bourdain, Hannibal and so many others....

Those were the days where we cheesed our characters and dominated EASHL. The year we did GMco was fun too, menus were so slow.

New game isn't bad I am really enjoying 3v3 it reminds me of that old Wayne Gretzky game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad