NHL 18 Be A Pro Thread

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I started out on the Golden Knights, got told there was 0 chance of me making the team, made the team anyway after a strong preseason, played on the 3rd line, got bumped down to the 4th line... Just got promoted back to the 3rd line. I'm a RW sniper BTW.

Is there anyway to change the difficult of the simulated parts because we are winning far too many games for an expansion club and it just ruins the immersion that we are something like 13-4

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I think my 2 biggest gripes are the following;

1 - Not being able to change my player style. Initially I became a DFD but it turns out I'm just really good at scoring goals. Finished ym season with the 67s on like, 90 points and 1st in the league for scoring. Clearly, I'm more of an OFD but I'm just stuck now.

2 - Penalties, they're ridiculous. Same season I finished with something ridiculous like 480 minutes. WHAT THE HELL!? I even adjust the sliders and I'm still getting so many.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
It's so hard to crack the Leafs as a forward now. I had a decent preseason but got dumped into the AHL then gave up and decided I'd restart someday.

Then again, I guess that's a good thing.

ilballetto

Oct 26, 2016
How to get drafted in the first round? I have a- c+ and a- in offence defence and teamplay but still get drafted in the second round! I have won the scoring title big time both in regular and playoffs
Anyone knowes?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
So I finally decided to give this piece of shit game mode a try this year.

I made a 2way C, playing for the Giants. I get absolutely no time on the PK or PP. I'm not in the shootout lineup either, yet I play first line C.

This game is awful, and this mode is even worse.

Pikesburgh

May 1, 2016
I ended up taking a break for awhile this year (Football season + Madden/MUT always takes over in the fall for me) and recently got back into it the past month or so. I had played one full rookie season in the NHL and part of my second season. I play every game, full 20 minute periods with shifts.

Ended up wanting a more playoff type feel (I'm starting a new career as I type this) so I spent a week editing rosters. About 10 players on every NHL team, 5 on every AHL team and 2 on every juniors team and made their aggressiveness 95-99, and their fighting to sometimes or often as I like lots of hitting and having teammates step up if a teammate gets injured or ran over. I also gave guys like Crosby, MacKinnon, and Kucherov ridiculous 12-15 year contracts to ensure the only way they would ever switch teams (I get sick of seeing tons of moves and changes throughout the season) would be via trade. Thankfully teams don't like to trade star players like that.

In 72 games on my original defenseman BAP, my stats looked like this:
GP: 72 (10 missed due to injury)
G-A-P: 6-30-36
PPG-PPA-PPP: 3-11-14
PIM: 103
+/-: +3

I was on Ottawa and my team record was 40-32-10. 90 points, missed the playoffs by 5 points.

Second season:
GP: 29 (14 missed due to injury)
G-A-P: 4-12-16
PPG-PPA-PPP: 1-5-6
PIM: 37
+/-: -2

Ottawa looking similar this year (22-17-4) but I don't mind. It should be a grind, not a president's trophy every year.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I started out on the Golden Knights, got told there was 0 chance of me making the team, made the team anyway after a strong preseason, played on the 3rd line, got bumped down to the 4th line... Just got promoted back to the 3rd line. I'm a RW sniper BTW.

Is there anyway to change the difficult of the simulated parts because we are winning far too many games for an expansion club and it just ruins the immersion that we are something like 13-4
This was funny. I think the Knights ended up doing even better than just 13-4!

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
How to get drafted in the first round? I have a- c+ and a- in offence defence and teamplay but still get drafted in the second round! I have won the scoring title big time both in regular and playoffs
Anyone knowes?
If you play just the third period, you will start with a B+ rating in defense, and as long as you don't give up a goal, you should end with an A. If you throw a few hits and get a point in the game it should be all As.

Reactions: ilballetto

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I'm not buying another NHL game until they fix this mode. It was very bad in NHL 17 and I didn't buy the 18 game, since I knew it would be just as bad in NHL 18.

OB5

May 2, 2015
I played a whole year of junior, got drafted first overall to the devils, played a whole season with them and won ROY, Hart etc, lost in the playoffs. In the off-season I requested a trade and ended up getting traded to MTL. Went on to dominate scoring as everyone does, won the cup, won all the awards...then when my ELC was up it's the weirdest thing. Message from my agent: "It turns out there isn't much of a market for a TWF like yourself (I'm 92 OA), here are the offers. One from the Habs and one from CBJ. I hate how unrealistic it is...I as really hoping I was going to be able to negotiate a contract...you put a lot of work in and don't get rewarded...the gameplay itself isn't good enough to justify the lack of extra features.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad