OT: Nhl 16

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
NHL 03? Every time I hear that song it reminds me of NHL lol.

Yup! Owned it on Gamecube haha. First NHL game I started playing. Used to always do a fantasy draft and have a 1st line of Kovalev-Lecavalier-Kovalchuk.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
NHL 10 was easily my favorite game in the series.

Was that the one with flame skates and the stupid helmets? I think I had a hard time getting over that stuff.

NHL 12 was easily my favorite. Put a ridiculous amount of hours into that game in EASHL. :baghead:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
My favorite by far was NHL 12. I actually finished a 25 year GM career in that game...
That and it was the first I had heard from Bush since like 97 lol

Yeah that was one of the few songs I actually put into the youtube search bar. Really good song.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I picked it up. I must say it is a better improvement over 15. You can finally customize the players again. Don't know why EA left it out last year.

we like our team*

the nhl games have the worst licensed soundtracks, geez

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
Absolutely hate the passing. Its not that its inaccurate, but trying to pass the puck up ice results in a pass the complete opposite direction 50% of the time. What am i doing wrong? Am i too used to xbox 360 controller?

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
The Wings forward corps gets ridiculous in GM mode.

I know! Its almost stupid at this point. I want to be up Callahan, but who do I trade and for what? My d core is pretty good, and just draft picks doesn't seem worth it. Already traded franzen, and Richards(he whined way to much) to make room for mantha, let miller and Andersson walk to make room for AA, and pulu. Datsyuk even retired after 1 year, and I don't have an opening. I want a legit shut down 4th line, but can't justify losing anyone for nothing... So Ferraro and Callahan are in grand rapids and can't get called up til I have a full time opening... I have become Ken Holland.

Biggest problems stat wise I've noticed. Pulu is really fast in this game, and has no slap shot... Also not a bad problem but kinda dumb. AA after 1 year has 98 speed, and acceleration, and 97 agility. He literally flys and cuts by and through everyone. I can drive right by the D just past the net. Stop, cut back in front and score. 3 on 3 he's like a cheat code...

I still think the game is a ton of fun, especially I'm game. The moral system is a good addition. I hope the add to that next year. I still wish we could sign our own free agents earlier. I also really like the new drafting system. Its not what I was hoping for, but its better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Absolutely hate the passing. Its not that its inaccurate, but trying to pass the puck up ice results in a pass the complete opposite direction 50% of the time. What am i doing wrong? Am i too used to xbox 360 controller?

Someone said it earlier, but the break-outs are unbelievably bad. Your forwards either don't move at all in your zone, or come back to you with 100% of their momentum going the opposite way and you get the puck facing your net and stuck in mud. It makes playing versus mode so ****ing annoying. I pretty much skate it out with the d man 95% of the time because I have to.

we like our team*

NHL 94 is still my go to game. Only on Sega, the SNES version was terrible.

the genesis version has much smoother and faster gameplay but the overall presentation is weaker than the snes version imo

Compared to....?

You like the crazy FIFA music?

most sports games soundtracks aren't great but i'll take any nba 2k soundtrack over the awful butt rock of the nhl games

i remember playing an ncaa basketball game that had pep band style arrangements of the songs. i'd love something like that for the nhl games but w/ organ

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
the genesis version has much smoother and faster gameplay but the overall presentation is weaker than the snes version imo

most sports games soundtracks aren't great but i'll take any nba 2k soundtrack over the awful butt rock of the nhl games

i remember playing an ncaa basketball game that had pep band style arrangements of the songs. i'd love something like that for the nhl games but w/ organ

If you like hip hop over rock, that doesn't necessarily make NHL's soundtrack bad though. But I do enjoy the 2k games and the soundtrack.

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
Someone said it earlier, but the break-outs are unbelievably bad. Your forwards either don't move at all in your zone, or come back to you with 100% of their momentum going the opposite way and you get the puck facing your net and stuck in mud. It makes playing versus mode so ****ing annoying. I pretty much skate it out with the d man 95% of the time because I have to.
Its almost to the point of being unplayable. I would be okay if the pass was off target but at least generally in the intended direction, but instead my breakout passes end up in front of my own net for a turn over then goal. And trying to pass across the ozone goes back into my own zone. Wtf. Ive even tried looking at my sticks to make sure im not just stupid and aiming in the wrong direction, to no avail

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
When you start the game push down on the d pad and hit l1 and r1, or whatever it is on xbox, I use leave zone early and stay wide. You need to do it in game every time, it is impossible for me to play without changing breakout.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
When you start the game push down on the d pad and hit l1 and r1, or whatever it is on xbox, I use leave zone early and stay wide. You need to do it in game every time, it is impossible for me to play without changing breakout.

Good looks, I'm gonna try that. I literally play vs with fast d men like Karlsson or Keith for the sole purpose of skating out of the zone :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad