Injury Report: NFL Week 14 (Wentz has torn ACL - season over)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Tom Savage was in concussion protocol last week and was sent back in. Gets destroyed today and is knocked out on the field but goes back in. Texans docs and neurologists are going to be in deep ****.

Sure Texans docs/trainers should be looked at but when do we start holding players accountable?

Players admit they know how to get around concussion tests and fake way thru. Players today know the risks of concussions but continue to go right out there including times they knowingly mislead doctors/trainers

NFLPA needs to start coming under fire not only for players violating concussion protocol but for players intentionally targeting of opponents heads with cheap shots

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like it might not be as bad as once feared with Wentz. That's good. Still think though they should shut him down for the season regardless and have him 100% and ready for the 2018 season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Sure Texans docs/trainers should be looked at but when do we start holding players accountable?

Players admit they know how to get around concussion tests and fake way thru. Players today know the risks of concussions but continue to go right out there including times they knowingly mislead doctors/trainers

NFLPA needs to start coming under fire not only for players violating concussion protocol but for players intentionally targeting of opponents heads with cheap shots

Also there's the whole possibility that symptoms are delayed, despite warning signs on the field. Could the league's protocol be tweaked? Maybe. Or could the process just be inexact and imperfect no matter how diligent the protocol is?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Eagles learned they have a franchise quarterback and will be in the playoffs. Foles isnt terrible either

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Foles isn't very good. Here's PFF's Eagles guy (and fan, I think) on him

Not sure I'd go that far, but Wentz is a difference maker. I think, with as tough as the NFC is this year, this is a significant blow to them getting out of the conference. My money is on a healthy Saints team, or maybe the Vikings if they stay at home.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Foles wont be throwing 40 times a game. They have a good running game. Pederson just abandons it. It isnt probable but not impossible for them to win the conference.

Reactions: JackStraw

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Foles wont be throwing 40 times a game. They have a good running game. Pederson just abandons it. It isnt probable but not impossible for them to win the conference.
Foles threw it 10 times in one quarter of action but they certainly might adjust the game plans now

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Carson didn’t tear his ACL from the hit. It actually happened when he planted his left foot in the turf to dive into endzone. He still plays 4 more downs and tosses a TD to Jeffries before leaving the game. Glad he didn’t get hit in knee again in those 4 plays or who knows it could of been career ending.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Even on the td pass you could tell something was wrong. He stood flat footed and hardly moved. Hopefully he limits the damage he takes when he runs.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

They need to play with the lead. If they get down early, Doug will go full Andy and throw it every down.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
That’s what I’m afraid of. Heck if Carson wouldn’t of got hurt he was on pace for over 60 throws. With that running game that’s nuts.

Plus it exposes your QB to more hits. He already takes a lot since he holds the ball and doesn't slide when he runs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Naturally its a major downgrade from Wentz to Foles but I think Foles is one of the better #2's in NFL and think he has potential to do well with team surrounding him in Philly right now

And with NFC wide open I am not counting out Eagles with Foles

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Philadelphia's offense is designed around Wentz's athleticism. Especially the RPO's and play action game. That's how they generate big plays.

Reactions: SnS

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, all things equal, give me Rodgers over Brady. All day. Rodgers doesn't have the luxury of a god tier coach and system. You see what happens when you take Rodgers away from Green Bay - they're bad. Take Brady off NE and they're a ten win team.

Not to knock on Brady, the dude is brilliant. Rodgers is just a freak of nature.

Rodgers is not better than Brady come on.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Rodgers is not better than Brady come on.
Yes he is, stop looking at rings and just look at what they do on the field. Rodgers is probably the most talented quarterback ever. Only thing I think Brady does better is a quarterback sneak. I like Brady too, so it is not like I'm hating against him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->